whaaat? I'm silver????? how stupid

• belayd
      belayd
      Global
      This has to be the most ridiculous thing in the universe.

Since getting my starting capital and playing the 2nl tables, I have bled 11 buyins. My BR now stands at about $28. But here I am, silver.

I think I need to ask support to bust me back down to bronze until and unless I'm a winning or at least break-even player. Any thoughts?
  • 17 replies
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Hope u finally realized that PS status has nothing to do with your actual poker skills.
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Originally posted by Alficor1
      Hope u finally realized that PS status has nothing to do with your actual poker skills.
      Indeed.

Do you think I should ask them to bust me down to bronze?
    • rtrtrtr
      rtrtrtr
      Bronze
      That's very true. I am only at Bronze yet I have made millions at poker.
    • rtrtrtr
      rtrtrtr
      Bronze
      P.S. The above poster is an idiot :tongue:
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by belayd
      Indeed.

No not at all, you have access to many new materials that will help you improve your game.
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Indeed.

No not at all, you have access to many new materials that will help you improve your game.
      I don't think I'm ready for the many new materials. If I can't win at 2NL based on the basic and bronze articles and videos, what hope do I have of even understanding the silver stuff?
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Indeed.

I don't think I'm ready for the many new materials. If I can't win at 2NL based on the basic and bronze articles and videos, what hope do I have of even understanding the silver stuff?
      I dont know rly, just read it and you'll see on your own whether you understand it or not. Its not a big deal if you dont understand it. Just study, play ton of hands, post many hands to hand evaulations and start a blog. Helped me, might help you as well.
    • rtrtrtr
      rtrtrtr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by rtrtrtr
      P.S. The above poster is an idiot :tongue:
      Just in case anyone misunderstands, I was directing that comment at myself. I am a fool, just letting you know that. :)
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      im gold and im playing PLO10 :rolleyes:
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Try to see it like this: the bronze articles only give you a basic understanding of the game, you can't expect to instantly become a winning player just by reading it. Actually understanding it to a point where you can (almost) flawlessly explain your reasoning on a basic level takes time. But that doesn't mean you should exclude yourself from the little-less-than-basic knowledge of the silver articles which are meant to take your game even further.

If you choose to do so, it doesn't really require your status to be lowered, you can simply ignore it until you've fully internalized the bronze content. I mean, I used to be diamond but I never even read all of the platinum articles. In any case, the best of luck to you.
    • pWelolz
      pWelolz
      Bronze
      m8 cheer up!

Since receiving my starting capital at Full Tilt I was down to 9$ at one point, but I didn't give up. I red articles and most important attended coachings (you get more when you reach silver that is your main advantage now!) and I can proudly say that I am back to 50+ now

So read, think and attend coachings!! they are here for a reason. Best of luck to you! Just dont give up!

Also I broke my code of silence just for you and I deeply hope I didn't waste it!
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Originally posted by pWelolz
      m8 cheer up!

Since receiving my starting capital at Full Tilt I was down to 9$ at one point, but I didn't give up. I red articles and most important attended coachings (you get more when you reach silver that is your main advantage now!) and I can proudly say that I am back to 50+ now

So read, think and attend coachings!! they are here for a reason. Best of luck to you! Just dont give up!

Also I broke my code of silence just for you and I deeply hope I didn't waste it!
      No, you didn't waste it. :) Hearing about your experience is encouraging.

I'll check out the live coachings. Thanks for the tip.
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      yep, that is true. read some threads where platinum players were giving "poker is riged" arguments (and not in sarcastic way). :D
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TiciBoy
      yep, that is true. read some threads where platinum players were giving "poker is riged" arguments (and not in sarcastic way). :D
      platinum is the new bronze
    • bohemiagrove
      bohemiagrove
      Bronze

Yeah cuz I have to be air status.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      was i the only one thinking this guy couldn't be serious and therefore decided just not to post?
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Originally posted by Hahaownedlolz
      was i the only one thinking this guy couldn't be serious and therefore decided just not to post?
      At least your name isn't hahapwnedlulz, junior. That would be a crime against humanity.