PartyPoker RIPOFF

• diversfx
      diversfx
      Silver
      Just logged in to my account to see this message

Bonus claimed back from the restricted amount on expiry of bonus:0

They took back my starting bankroll and left me just the winnings.
  • 20 replies
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      Why ripoff? It clearly says you did not clear the bonus in time... :f_confused:
    • diversfx
      diversfx
      Silver
      Would have been nice to get a warning of some kind. Not just poof good bye
    • AleksandarPPA
      AleksandarPPA
      Bronze
      well your job is to get it ... now they got it ... who would warn you to make profit for yourself instead themselves ... :P :s_cool:
    • sindeon
      sindeon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by diversfx
      Would have been nice to get a warning of some kind. Not just poof good bye
      Hi,

Sorry to tell you, but it is completely your foult. Next time go to your account, find link "bonuses", "active bonuses" and there is the place, where you can find detailed info about your bonuses - expiracy date, points remaining to gain, release conditions. Easy to find. ;)

Cheers,
      Ondra
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by diversfx
      They took back my starting bankroll and left me just the winnings.
      I'm glad you posted that.
      When this happened to me I thought I had $80 or so, and when I logged in I only had 33. I did not even see the explanation that you did.

I had had a losing day the day before, and thought I had terribly miscalculated how much I had lost.

This explains it nicely.

I didn't sweat it that much.
      First off, it was never my money anyway, and secondly, I rather dislike PPs software.

At least you had winnings.

--V
    • LONGPLAY66
      LONGPLAY66
      Bronze
      bit of an unfair thread title to be honest,all things considered.
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      We are (vaguely) warned in the various starting capital FAQs that our starting capital is not ours to keep, only our winnings and deposited monies are. The explanation could be clearer, but for someone who is sufficiently suspicious, it's obvious enough. (The William Hill FAQ, for example, states that, when you cash out, you have to leave $50 in your account if you got free starting capital, which is tantamount to saying that WH gets to keep the starting capital, not us.)

All in all it's nice to be able to play with free money and maybe win a little bit despite the fine print. It's a ripoff only if you don't read the fine print carefully enough.
    • charliebeth
      charliebeth
      Bronze
      Originally posted by belayd
      (The William Hill FAQ, for example, states that, when you cash out, you have to leave $50 in your account if you got free starting capital, which is tantamount to saying that WH gets to keep the starting capital, not us.)

All in all it's nice to be able to play with free money and maybe win a little bit despite the fine print. It's a ripoff only if you don't read the fine print carefully enough.
      Thanks for pointing that out, My account was credited as I read your reply. spooky
    • bohemiagrove
      bohemiagrove
      Bronze
      Originally posted by belayd
      We are (vaguely) warned in the various starting capital FAQs that our starting capital is not ours to keep, only our winnings and deposited monies are. The explanation could be clearer, but for someone who is sufficiently suspicious, it's obvious enough. (The William Hill FAQ, for example, states that, when you cash out, you have to leave $50 in your account if you got free starting capital, which is tantamount to saying that WH gets to keep the starting capital, not us.)

yeah they know that alot of people will just skip the bonus FAQ part and then find themself in the point of no retrurn.Ofc it is a ripoff-you can call it marketing(but if not a ripoff marketing in its best is just a social cancer).
    • JazBenz
      JazBenz
      Silver
      lol did you even look at the bonus site once??? cuz there it tells you very clearly how many days you have left until it expires!

btw lately other sites such as full tilt where you can also get starting capital, they dont have an expiry date...

i cleared mine at partypoker though and I calculated how many points id have to grind daily to make it in time, you just didnt pay enough attention, probably werent dedicated enough
    • bohemiagrove
      bohemiagrove
      Bronze
      On party poker you can do like 1.15 points a day and you are ok since you have 90days and only 100poitns to clear the bonus
    • charliebeth
      charliebeth
      Bronze
      OMG ,

I have 56 days at 58.76 points a day. how many hours of 4 tables per day to clear that ?

Playing 2NL .

say i move up to 4 NL ?

is this possible ?
    • JazBenz
      JazBenz
      Silver
      Originally posted by charliebeth
      OMG ,

I have 56 days at 58.76 points a day. how many hours of 4 tables per day to clear that ?

Playing 2NL .

say i move up to 4 NL ?

is this possible ?
      so u need to get 42 more points in 56 days... so 1,3 points per day in NL2, easy... yeah of course u should play 4 or 5 tables at the same time - dont move up to NL4... not with that bankroll...
    • bohemiagrove
      bohemiagrove
      Bronze
      OMG ,

Playing 2NL .

say i move up to 4 NL ?

is this possible ?

1.You need to make 58.76 points for 56 days or
      2. you did it 58.76 pp for in 56 days?
      If statement 1 is correct then no need to worry.
      If statement 2 is correct then you have to play twice asmuch.
      sorry my english is terrible.
    • bohemiagrove
      bohemiagrove
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JazBenz
      OMG ,

Playing 2NL .

say i move up to 4 NL ?

is this possible ?
      so u need to get 42 more points in 56 days... so 1,3 points per day in NL2, easy... yeah of course u should play 4 or 5 tables at the same time - dont move up to NL4... not with that bankroll...

I can tell that you will become a poker guru mr.JazBenz
    • charliebeth
      charliebeth
      Bronze
      no , i need 3239 , in 56 days .

this is william hills (ive hijacked the thread , sorry for confusion)
    • bohemiagrove
      bohemiagrove
      Bronze
      Oh thats why I did not get it how can you make 58 points a day.
    • JazBenz
      JazBenz
      Silver
      Originally posted by bohemiagrove
      Originally posted by JazBenz
      OMG ,

Playing 2NL .

say i move up to 4 NL ?

is this possible ?

I can tell that you will become a poker guru mr.JazBenz
      Already am, and that is Ms. JazBenz to you :P
    • bohemiagrove
      bohemiagrove
      Bronze
      Oh sorry Ms. JazBenz.
      Laddys get all my respect.