Hud and 3rd party software considerations

• foulkezboyz
      foulkezboyz
      Bronze
      What is better HEM, PT3 or something else?

I see people posting all these graphs and such and i get that these programs are probably needed, but is there a definitive all around software guide out there i understand that a lot of it is preference based, but as someone who is bad at setting up these kind of things, i'd love a guide or something, also is there any hub's of knowledge as regards to promotions on these programs.

My first post since applying and sending off my Id for the check lets hope it all comes through and i have a good experience here!
  • 6 replies
    • charliebeth
      charliebeth
      Bronze
      HEM & Holdem manager both have free trials. ones 60 days , and the other is 90 , or 30 days I forget which.

This site also has something called elephant, ive not tried it my self , so cant comment
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey foulkezboyz,

Have you tried PokerStratey.com Elephant?

Analyse your poker game with the PokerStrategy.com Elephant

The PokerStrategy.com Elephant is a mighty analysis tool. It imports and analyses your played hands. Additionally, it displays stats of the players sitting at your tables, which makes it easier for you to read and react to their actions accordingly. The PokerStrategy.com Elephant also replaces our Texas Grab'em software.

Regards,

Kyle.
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Originally posted by charliebeth
      HEM & Holdem manager both have free trials. ones 60 days , and the other is 90 , or 30 days I forget which.

This site also has something called elephant, ive not tried it my self , so cant comment
      Just to clarify, the free trials are 45 days for PokerTracker and 15 days for Holdem Manager. HEM and Holdem Manager are the same thing. :)

I've tried Elephant and prefer the extra power of PT3 and HEM.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi belayd,

With Holdem Manager you'll have 15 days free trial and PokerTracker will allow you with a 60 days free trial period.

PokerStrategy.com Elephant is free for all our members.

Yes HEM is the abbreviation for Holdem Manager. =)

Have a successful Saturday
      Ingrid
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Start with Elephant until you understand what a Tracker/HUD is for. You don't want to try and do all of your learning during trial periods.

Then when you are ready take PT3 and HEM for a test-drive.
    • dubadal
      dubadal
      Bronze
      By the way, when you start using HUD, don't grow too fond of the numbers there until you have a large DB of hands (a few hundreds or more hands with one particular player), as those numbers can be very misleading.
      Also, if you are multi-tabling, start out by opening just one table and configuring the HUD. Not properly configured HUD can also lead to "technical" mistakes, misclicks etc.