sng "success"

• hannapaks
      hannapaks
      Bronze
      Hi, i started recently playing poker again, got 21.
      started 1,2, then 3,4 turbo sngs on pokerstars, didnt show much profit, 0.05 per game, moved to standard speed, builded my bankroll to about 120 buyins and moved to 5.5, now i cant show any profit at all, even in 3.4, it has last almost 2 weeks.
      I have read books from phil shaw, 1-3 harrington tournament, colin moshman and kill everyone. Why cant i show any profit?
      played 680 tournaments all time profit $25.42 with avarage $2.57 buyin.
      Is it possible i play bad because i play too loose for low limits and keep stealing like icm calculator show to me?
  • 11 replies
    • bohemiagrove
      bohemiagrove
      Bronze
      Dude poker books are for losers.
      I learned to play poker watching Highstakes poker with Gabe Kaplin.
      Only book i would read is Gus Hannsens book.Cuz I wonder what is he thinking when he does his crazy faces...
    • foulkezboyz
      foulkezboyz
      Bronze
      What else are your study materials, do you use the ICM trainer, literally sit down with that baby for a 2 hour stint till u make 95% scored consistently.

also go to the strategy articles at this very site.
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bohemiagrove
      Only book i would read is Gus Hannsens book.Cuz I wonder what is he thinking when he does his crazy faces...
      what a stupid response, dont listen to him he learned from high stakes poker he must be a professional,

books don't make you a good player but to be honest not everybody can be a profitable poker player if everybody made money, then who would lose money.

obviously you have skill in you have moved up limits maybe your on a downswing or maybe your just not YET good enough for the stakes you play.
      maybe move down limits or try your best to work on your weakness. if that doesn't work you can always learn how to play from watching high stakes poker and then become a pro like this fella.
    • jasonforan
      jasonforan
      Bronze
      Could very well just be varience.People often go on 50BI downswings in sit n gos.Just keep working on improving your game and playing hands correctly and you should be good.They also say you need atleast a 1000 games to see if your a winning player
    • bohemiagrove
      bohemiagrove
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pogodon
      what a stupid response, dont listen to him he learned from high stakes poker he must be a professional,

books don't make you a good player but to be honest not everybody can be a profitable poker player if everybody made money, then who would lose money.

obviously you have skill in you have moved up limits maybe your on a downswing or maybe your just not YET good enough for the stakes you play.
      maybe move down limits or try your best to work on your weakness. if that doesn't work you can always learn how to play from watching high stakes poker and then become a pro like this fella.
      hey that was a joke...My jokes are wierd sorry thats what you get from a guy with 168-170 iq...am just nuts.

My point was that ONE should seek the truth within himself and not believe 100% of the things thet he reads in a book that was obviosly made for profit and not enlightment....
    • JazBenz
      JazBenz
      Bronze
      That is so stupid, you cant apply the way pros play at high stakes poker in microstakes ROFL - people arent good enough to fold

btw the best way to learn poker is to play... besides you gotta have some sort of natural talent and you gotta love the game, if you dont have the talent or love for it, dont bother, honestly
    • bohemiagrove
      bohemiagrove
      Bronze
      ahaha is far from stupid cuz poker is game of dessision making and good dessions are not relaited to the limits you play.Your strategy can be,but not your dessision making.
    • JazBenz
      JazBenz
      Bronze
      ahaha is far from stupid cuz poker is game of dessision making and good dessions are not relaited to the limits you play.Your strategy can be,but not your dessision making.
      of course it is related to what limits you play... in higher limits its easier to bluff than in lower limits, if you dont understand that you lack experience...
    • bohemiagrove
      bohemiagrove
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JazBenz
      of course it is related to what limits you play... in higher limits its easier to bluff than in lower limits, if you dont understand that you lack experience...
      I play anything from NL10 to NL50.Can't argue with you is hard to bluff lower limit players but if you play poker you will soon find who you can bluff on your table...I say the truth don't I.

Good Luck JazBenz and my best regards.
      I will never try to pick up a verbal fight in this nice forum.
    • hannapaks
      hannapaks
      Bronze
      My ICM scores are 93% and more always. I think my bubble play is too agressive, lets see soon if i am broke or make some profit =)
    • shehanshah
      shehanshah
      Bronze
      Dont worry about it. I think its too early to predict about the profit. U still got a profit of $25 right. "Hi i started playing poker recently again"- This says it all,dont it. If u played 680 tournaments, so that shld be like 20 days or maybe a month of playing only??? And with this time period, its just impatience to worry about profit. Play for half a year n then see the profit(If u r a gud player). Also with SNG's u hv to play 5k or even 10k of them to actually know where u stand at. Just keep grinding n improving ur game.
      U mentioned about aggression in the late phases-This is not always right at the low stakes, u shuld only do this when u r a big stack and play real tight to finish as last as possible(It says sumwhere in the articles that ur aim shld always be to end as late as possible. So it doesnt even matter if u have like 5-6bb's at some point of time, u can still end up as the winner.). Gud luck :D .