What an invitaion to a new limit

• sindeon
      sindeon
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

just a glimpse to my first day at NL4 (ok stop loughing, please). More then anything, I found it kind of funny now. ;)

After few days of hasitating I´ve finally decided to move up to NL4. My BRM was solid 40+ BI, so I didn´t find any other excuses why not to do it.
      I didn´t expect any remarkable change between NL2 and NL4 - just bigger wins and bigger losses ofc.
      My plan was simple: "It´s your first time, so be a nice guest there and play as tight agressive as possible."

This is the result (because we all love graphs):

At the moment I´m taking it veeeery easy, but at the tables it was kind of frustrating to sit there waiting for strong hand and position to make a move and then to deal with a ridiculous suck out. I won´t post the key hands here, I´m pretty sure I couldn´t play them better (e.g. AKs vs AKs all-in preflop...instead of split pot villain cought flush on the river...quite common stuff in this forum section :f_biggrin: ).

To be honest, I think that deep inside my mind I feared of moving up to a higher limit (at least a little bit)...I don´t like changes in general... But now I realize power of my Master´s biggest advice:

Ok, lets end this meaningles thread, hope to see you in "upswing forum" next time. :f_cool:

Cheers,
      Ondra
  • 5 replies
    • Slimijs
      Slimijs
      Global
      Here is my graph for when I tried my first time moving up from NL10 to NL25.

Also, it's just 2 BI ;?
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Well imo a -2bi session really doesn't deserve a tread.
    • sindeon
      sindeon
      Bronze
      Hi,

another interesting shot at NL4.

There must be something rigged... :f_confused:

...it´s me of course! No excuses, I was definitively the biggest donkey at PartyPoker today. So many bad decisions I´d like to take back... :f_mad:

Lot of hands must be reviewed (+EV) and still have decent bankroll for this limit (+EV)...yeah, it´s much easier if you still find few assets. ;)

Cheers,
      Ondra
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      down 2 bi? a normal session for me can swing 3 bi up or down
    • sindeon
      sindeon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Heffron89
      down 2 bi? a normal session for me can swing 3 bi up or down
      Hi,

actually my BI is $1,6 because I´m playing MSS, so it´s a little bit more then -2 BI. ;)
      But it isn´t so important, I din´t post it because of any "downswing-cry"...writing things just helps me to sort my thoughts and clear my mind. ;)

Cheers,
      Ondra