This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

What an invitaion to a new limit

• sindeon
      sindeon
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

just a glimpse to my first day at NL4 (ok stop loughing, please). More then anything, I found it kind of funny now. ;)

After few days of hasitating I´ve finally decided to move up to NL4. My BRM was solid 40+ BI, so I didn´t find any other excuses why not to do it.
      I didn´t expect any remarkable change between NL2 and NL4 - just bigger wins and bigger losses ofc.
      My plan was simple: "It´s your first time, so be a nice guest there and play as tight agressive as possible."

This is the result (because we all love graphs):

At the moment I´m taking it veeeery easy, but at the tables it was kind of frustrating to sit there waiting for strong hand and position to make a move and then to deal with a ridiculous suck out. I won´t post the key hands here, I´m pretty sure I couldn´t play them better (e.g. AKs vs AKs all-in preflop...instead of split pot villain cought flush on the river...quite common stuff in this forum section :f_biggrin: ).

To be honest, I think that deep inside my mind I feared of moving up to a higher limit (at least a little bit)...I don´t like changes in general... But now I realize power of my Master´s biggest advice:

Ok, lets end this meaningles thread, hope to see you in "upswing forum" next time. :f_cool:

Cheers,
      Ondra
  • 5 replies
    • Slimijs
      Slimijs
      Global
      Here is my graph for when I tried my first time moving up from NL10 to NL25.

Also, it's just 2 BI ;?
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Well imo a -2bi session really doesn't deserve a tread.
    • sindeon
      sindeon
      Bronze
      Hi,

another interesting shot at NL4.

There must be something rigged... :f_confused:

...it´s me of course! No excuses, I was definitively the biggest donkey at PartyPoker today. So many bad decisions I´d like to take back... :f_mad:

Lot of hands must be reviewed (+EV) and still have decent bankroll for this limit (+EV)...yeah, it´s much easier if you still find few assets. ;)

Cheers,
      Ondra
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      down 2 bi? a normal session for me can swing 3 bi up or down
    • sindeon
      sindeon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Heffron89
      down 2 bi? a normal session for me can swing 3 bi up or down
      Hi,

actually my BI is $1,6 because I´m playing MSS, so it´s a little bit more then -2 BI. ;)
      But it isn´t so important, I din´t post it because of any "downswing-cry"...writing things just helps me to sort my thoughts and clear my mind. ;)

Cheers,
      Ondra