This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL 50 sh J9s IP big draw

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

BB ($82.65)
      UTG ($50)
      MP ($32.30)
      CO ($135.35)
      Hero (Button) ($50)
      SB ($22.90)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J, 9
      2 folds, CO bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50, 1 fold, BB calls $1

Flop: ($4.75) 8, 4, Q (3 players)
      BB checks, CO bets $5.50, Hero raises to $16, 1 fold, CO raises to $133.85 (All-In), Hero calls $32.50 (All-In)

Turn: ($101.75) Q (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($101.75) 6 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $101.75 | Rake: $3

Against such an aggressive player I thought that I have some fold equity that will make raising the most + EV play but am I having any when he bets pot 3 way? It doesnt look like he has any intention of folding his hand but is rather betting to protect it and get max value : KK+, AQ sets and A high flushes define his range imo.

So should I be more inclined to call and play the turn ? I am still stacking him if he has a strong value hand if I hit but I can fold peacefully if I miss and he pots again and probably save some bucks.

PS: just observed that it's a small overbet and I think this enforces my above beliefs
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Since I think he wouldn´t really overbet that spot with air or AK I would just call and if he checks then take pot away on the turn.
      You have very good equity, but without any fold equity you´re still flipping
      If you had smt like pair +fd or A high fd I like raising flop and getting all-in, since then he can easily get all-in with worse flushdraws