Continuation bet

• jeangab123
      Hi people!
      I cleared all the basic/bronze articles + some silver articles (yeah lost my status, should get it back soon) and that question is naggin me: what is a good flop cbet % ?

I noticed mine is realllly high (~80%) and its pretty much due to the fact that if you play by the charts/standard scenarios you have to cbet a lot. What is your thought on this, how do you balance that? Etc?

Especially, i noticed that I only check flop, bet river with made hands and the good players that have a history with me tend to notice.. :s_frown: My cbet effectivness decrease after 100+ hands on the same table. I end up losing respect even if im never caught bluffing.
  • 3 replies
    • Helipacter
      At .5/.10 mine is 98.5% :f_confused:

I think that this is entirely table & level dependent. I'm normally cbetting if I'm pre-flop aggressor vs one or two opponents, which explains the ridiculously high cbet percentage, as so few of my opponents raise pre-flop unless they've got a monster at this level, so I'm normally the PFA. If I'm facing more than 2 opponents then I'll only cbet the flop for protection.

What I've done recently though, is look at my "Fold vs Cbet" stat and looked at the hands where I've done this. This has helped me highlight some huge leaks in my play.

I wouldn't worry about too many opponents noticing what you're doing on the micros - you're unlucky if there is one per table taking notes!
    • redskwerl
      in heads up pots you should probably cbet over 95%, cbeting every time is also quite solid and requires no thinking :tongue:
      if flops are often multiway on your limits then your cbet% will be lower. it's okay to be quite conservative on 4way+ flops, but you should still bet as a bluff often if it's a good board for your preflop range
    • Boomer2k10
      My overall Flop C-bet is way into the 90's.

In HU pots you really need an amazing reason not to C-Bet and at micro and Small Stakes that reason doesn't really exist so I'd just go ahead and C-bet 100% in HU pots and in the vast majority of 3-way pots too.

4-way pots+ you just have to use your better judgement