HEM Leakbuster

• 10 replies
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      I bought it on a whim once and I never use it. When I want to check my leaks I'm usually looking for something very positional and specific, which LeakBuster doesn't help analyze at all. When I want a general overview I just check myself on PTR.

My general system for finding leaks has been this:
      * Post hands where I know I did bad and seek advice
      * Read and understand advice
      * Look for other hands where I made similar mistakes (usually by filtering for similar situations and noting I tend to have red numbers post filter :D )
      * Write down in a notebook guidelines based on the above

Then I just read through the notebook before I play. When the page gets full then I reorganize it to half a page, generally by removing old stuff I've internalized, and then leave the bottom half for new stuff.

(Wow, I just realized I could go on for quite a bit about my poker study regiment. I used a similar system to pass my college finance classes so I just adapted that to poker. :D )
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      What you mean leakbuster is not giving u positional stats? it supposed to give you exact positional details or shouldnt it?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by OZSA
      What you mean leakbuster is not giving u positional stats? it supposed to give you exact positional details or shouldnt it?
      You have the reports tab for that, you don't need leakbuster.
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      ye i know but what is the leakbuster for if not for positional stuff and other exact details?
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by OZSA
      ye i know but what is the leakbuster for if not for positional stuff and other exact details?
      All I can say is this: They do not offer a trial period and there is definitely a reason for that.
    • GodlikeRoy
      GodlikeRoy
      Bronze
      I'm currently doing an independent review of Leakbuster PLO and so far am fairly impressed.

Some of the videos available are worth the $80 cost alone.
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      they do have a trial version which you get for no time limit if you have hem pro, I have to say over the last couple of weeks I have been using it and have found it really helpfull, I may buy the full version once I have fixed the basic leaks to my game :P
    • doctorkgb
      doctorkgb
      Bronze
      Sounds like great plan! Fix your leaks, and then buy Leakbuster :D
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by doctorkgb
      Sounds like great plan! Fix your leaks, and then buy Leakbuster :D
      lol no the trial version shows the major leaks then it begins to show the little ones!! I just realised how crazy my post sounds LMAO!!!!!! :D
    • FreakDaddy
      FreakDaddy
      Basic
      Hi guys, I'm the original creator of Leak Buster, and Freakdaddy on most forums. If anyone has any questions about the software I'll give you the best feedback I can from someone who knows it's real well, and uses it on their own game.

Wanted to address one comment at the beginning of this thread because it's just not true. Leak Buster does a lot of positional analysis. When leak buster was first released it analyzed for 72 potential leaks in your game. Now it looks at over 470 potential leaks in your game. It analyzes post flop situations, even including non-optimal bet sizing. It's a lot more in depth than I think some people might realize because it's easy to get hung up on the scoring part, or the stat range part of Leak Buster. But that's just one small part of what LB does.

If you're curious you can watch a video about whether you think Leak Buster would be a good fit to add to your poker software library. We're confident it will be if you give it a try:
      http://www.youtube.com/user/AcePokerSolutions#p/a/u/1/eWEckjaSEKY

It took several years to develop, and it was designed, and has all content created in it from winning online poker players. Some of the people who have worked on Leak Buster include:

John “Nagarjuna” Anhalt (I don't play or coach as much as I used to the last 2 years, but I still do from time to time). Life time cash game winnings over $250k+.

Bryce “The Bryce” Paradis. Won over 2.5 million in 1 year alone at limit holdem. Considered one of the best limit holdem players in the world.

Andrew “andrewboccia” Boccia. Won over 800k in online cash games. Mass multi-tabling grinder.

Russell “loosefer” Blattberg. Won over 400k in online cash games and over 1 million in tournament winnings including a WPT circuit even title.

Tom “learnedfromtv” Chambers. Two WSOP final tables including 2nd place in Omaha hi/low. Over 500k in cash game winnings.

Corwin “Vital Myth” Cole. WSOP final table, and circuit event wins. One of the all time highest rated CR instructors.