This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 2NL FR - AA facing flop shove

• philhellmutt
      philhellmutt
      Bronze
      This is pretty standard of course, given villain's stack.

However, I've noticed a lot of players recently making these shoves, and another guy I discuss poker with has noticed this happening more in recent months, although he plays 10NL and 25NL.

If villain had a full stack, would you call this shove on a drawy board? Obviously, 250BB deep would be crazy to call, but how about say 75-125BB?

I only ask this because I want to be ready for when this happens against full-stacked opponent... :D

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($0.78)
      BB ($1.84)
      UTG ($1.30)
      UTG+1 ($1.03)
      Hero ($2.75)
      CO ($0.99)
      BTN ($5)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: A:club:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.08, CO calls $0.08, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.19) 4:diamond: 6:diamond: 5:club:

Hero bets $0.14, CO raises to $0.91 (AI), Hero calls $0.77

TURN ($2.01) 4:diamond: 6:diamond: 5:club: 7:heart:

RIVER ($2.01) 4:diamond: 6:diamond: 5:club: 7:heart: 9:diamond:

Hero shows A:diamond: A:club: (Pre 80%, Flop 90.2%, Turn 86.4%)CO shows T:spade: T:heart: (Pre 20%, Flop 9.8%, Turn 13.6%)Hero wins $1.91
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello philhellmutt,

Usually such shoves doesn't make much sense since they are often times some TP type of hand or something similar or as well a lot of players do like to ship this way with some draw which tries to get maximum fold equity.

While against full stack it would be a lot harder to Call there while we don't know the opponent, might even prefer to fold.

Best regards.
    • philhellmutt
      philhellmutt
      Bronze
      Yes, that's how I feel about it too - with full stacks, I'd only call a maniac in this spot. Thanks again...