HEM on SSD Yes or No?? HEM mod required!

• variancekiller
      variancekiller
      Bronze
      I have a issue with my desktop. I don't think it is writing data fast enough for me. So I want to change that and buy a SSD for it. On this I want to install HEM, Full Tilt Poker, Windows 7 (must for SSD use). Since I know a SSD has a limited amount of writing cycles it can perform I had some questions about it.

If I use HEM on it will the SSD be overused fast?

I have about 200k hands and 80k is added every month more or less.

I want to buy a OCZ 60GB or Corsair 60GB both have the same writing limit's etc...

Would really appreciate it if someone can give his oppinion about it, if possible with personal experience. Since this is a pretty big investment considering a HDD is much much cheaper.

Thanks in advance,

Yvonne/Variancekiller
  • 1 reply
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      If you want it to write data faster you should buy a dedicated SSD for Postgres. Having Windows, HEM, FTP and the kitchen sink on the same SSD isn't going to give you the speed increase you are expecting.

Also the "wear out" problem is a bit of a myth. It would take a computer writing 24/7 to the disk about 10 years to wear out your drive. Also there are utilities where you can read the wear cycle information from your disk so you can monitor it.