Hollla!!!

• boxface
      boxface
      Bronze
      Hello im new here, played poker 4 a while never with outstanding wins. Adjusted my whole game, took the quiz, got the money now I have done 2 days 9 tabling then my laptop smoked (like actually produced smoke). So im on hold im hoping until no later than monday.
      Currently + moneys and looking forward to reaching my silver membership.

Thank you pokerstrategy.
  • 6 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi boxface,

Welcome to our community!

Really great introduction!

I am guessing the laptop is at the service now? =)

I am looking forward to see you more often on the forum
      Ingrid
    • boxface
      boxface
      Bronze
      Yeah currently getting serviced.
      I am in a different country 2 where I bought it so was unsure of the Acer warranty but they took it no probs.
      Also looking forward to being here hopefully long term.
      I feel I can play poker and have done a lot more reading ect since i last deposited. Tilt has always been a big downfall in my game. Now I feel I have controlled this somewhat.
      I decided to take 1 more stab at it. Not by putting $500 on and playing bigger stakes but getting the free money and using propper brm to grind my way up. I feel this way, WHEN I get there I will feel i have earned it more therefore be in a better frame of mind to continue.

Not a huge fan of all red smileys as they all look kind of pissed off
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi boxface,

:f_pleased: is this better? I think these smileys are very nice.

I really like your attitude and I am excited to follow your posts on the forum. You'll see that we are a friendly community and everyone is happy to get involve and help out.

Which poker room are you planning to play at? If you still haven't decided you can check what the others have to say about the poker rooms.

Keep me posted right?
      Ingrid
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Boxface!

Glad to see you are playing poker with a smile on your face again and its good to know that if you lose this time (hopefully you dont!) it wont hurt you financially.

I think the concept of playing smaller stakes when you are used to playing medium/high is a really interesting one. On a different poker forum I set a task of the $50 challenge. Players from 2nl-2knl took the challenge alongside their "normal" poker and they learned a few things.

1) The micros isnt easy! People are like omg I can 30300404 table and win all the moniez, but its really not like that

2) BRM is critical, without BRM you will go bust. Simples. You may win one day, one week, even one month but keep going without BRM and you will go bust. Who can play with a smile on their face when they have $0 in their account?

Aslong as you stick to BRM I'm sure you will beat the game, you seem like an intelligent guy and aslong as you make the right decisions every time then there really shouldnt be any reason to tilt because you make these plays knowing that in the long run they are going to make you money.

Good luck and keep us updated on your progress!

PL.
    • boxface
      boxface
      Bronze
      Ahh cheers for that, didnt see them :f_p:
      I have already selected the room I will be playing at and am 3 buyins + so far.
      Was looking forward to increasing this over the weekend but the lack of laptop has really put a cooler on that1.

Thanks for the responses guys. :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade:
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Originally posted by boxface
      Ahh cheers for that, didnt see them :f_p:
      I have already selected the room I will be playing at and am 3 buyins + so far.
      Was looking forward to increasing this over the weekend but the lack of laptop has really put a cooler on that1.

Thanks for the responses guys. :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade:
      Just to let you know, boxface...ever heard the old stock market investor's saying, "The market will go up and the market will go down?" Same thing with your bankroll on a poker site. Upswings are followed by downswings, which are hopefully followed by upswings again. In fact, the most common experience for someone signing up on a new site is to go on an initial upswing and then immediately go on a horrendous downswing that wipes out all of the profit and puts you in a significant hole. The pros even talk about 40-buyin downswings when playing cash tables, which for 2NL translates to $80--more than your starting capital. So feel good about your initial success, you deserve to feel good about it, but be prepared for the bad times to come.