This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Implied odds on stacks pre-flop

• Ectoz
      Ectoz
      Bronze
      I was wondering,in NLSH,if i have a speculative hand like 45s,T9s and so on and i decide to raise,but the stacks of the opponents who act after me (that is,pre flop) are too small in relation to mine (difference from 15-30BB),doesnt it make the raise and the hand onwards unprofitable?

If we can get a coach feedback,would be great.

Thanks.
  • 1 reply
    • sapheal
      sapheal
      Global
      Originally posted by Ectoz
      I was wondering,in NLSH,if i have a speculative hand like 45s,T9s and so on and i decide to raise,but the stacks of the opponents who act after me (that is,pre flop) are too small in relation to mine (difference from 15-30BB),doesnt it make the raise and the hand onwards unprofitable?

If we can get a coach feedback,would be great.

Thanks.
      hi Ectoz :s_thumbsup: ,

First thing is that there is a big difference between 45s and T9s- the second one you can normally play for high hand value.

Secondly, responding to your question, no, you don't have implied odds if your opponent has 15-30BB (if I understood that correctly). If you meant 70-85BB, then you might have 20x but still against wide range playing for implied odds only would be -EV.

Cheers,
      Michal