[NL2-NL10] Low Straight Vs High Straight

• GraveGoods
      GraveGoods
      Bronze
      My thoughts on this hand is I played correctly pre flop, put in a standard cbet on the flop and got out drawn. Not sure what I could have done on the turn except call. Maybe should have put in a smaller probe bet first off?

I believe the villain played incorrectly pre flop, and didn't have the pot odds on the flop. Am I right in thinking this?

How could I have played this differently? Thanks :)

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5.22
      CO:
      $2.01
      BU:
      $2.98

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:heart: , K:diamond:
      5 folds, CO checks, BU calls $0.05, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.30, CO folds, BU calls $0.25.

Flop: ($0.62) 5:diamond: , 4:club: , 3:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.35, BU calls $0.35.

Turn: ($1.32) 2:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.2, BU raises to $2.33 (All-In), Hero calls $1.13.

River: ($5.98) K:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $5.98

Results follow (highlight to see):
      BU shows a straight, six high (6s 6d)
      Hero shows (Ah Kd)

BU wins with a straight, six high (6s 6d)
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello GraveGoods,

Preflop: I would do it even bigger here ~$0,35 being OOP and having 2 limpers in the pot.
      Flop: Such a board actually hits a lot of ranges, like no PP will fold here ever, a lot of SCs will continue and maybe even sometimes just an A high will do the same. Therefore I might even just Check it but it's not likely very wrong to CBet it here with the GS+overcards.

As played
      Turn: I guess at the best you just split the pot here, therefore I might even prefer to bet it like $0,80 and then decide what to do but I don't think that we can get away from the hand while he could as well be shipping with the Ax as you played.

Best regards.
    • GraveGoods
      GraveGoods
      Bronze
      Thanks alot :)