[NL20-NL50] [NL50 SH RUSH] weird line with 66 vs weird line.

• HELLutek
      HELLutek
      Gold
      $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Holdem
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($34.50)
      UTG+1 ($42.20)
      CO ($61.30)
      BTN ($78.80)
      HELLutek (SB) ($68.15)
      BB ($30.80)

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 6 players) HELLutek is SB 6:heart: 6:diamond:
      3 folds, BTN raises to $1.50, HELLutek calls $1.25, BB raises to $2.50, BTN calls $1, HELLutek calls $1

Flop: 5:spade: 3:club: K:spade: ($7.50, 3 players)
      HELLutek checks, BB checks, BTN checks

Turn: 2:diamond: ($7.50, 3 players)
      HELLutek checks, BB bets $1.50, BTN folds, HELLutek calls $1.50

River: 7:spade: ($10.50, 2 players)
      HELLutek bets $0.50, BB raises to $12, HELLutek calls $11.50

Villain is unknown, but he's on half stack and does min3bet, you know what we think of those players :P

Turn is easy, we migh easily have best hand, and if not we have some outs. And his bets is really weird. I never give credit to delayed cbet in multiwaypots on such boards, but he's fish so I didn't want to make move since I had showdown equity.
      On the river I decided to donk 1bb/call. It's a play I've ready in leatherass book. Board is so scary that he will call with most of his hands with showdown value, raise air and strong hands. After him checking flop I don't think I will see flush here often. And his turn bet looks like a 'please go away' bet and if he did that with some kind of pair I belive he will just call that 1bb.

Tell me how would you play turn and river and what you think of my line.
  • 2 replies
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      Originally posted by HELLutek

... his turn bet looks like a 'please go away' bet

Imo what fish thinks here ...

Flop: "mwhahah, gonna c/r"
      Turn: "damn, couldn't c/r, they didn't bet so means they don't have shit, so I'll do a small "pls go away" bet since if they don't have shit they fold anyway, and if they do have smth, I get a super cheap price for my FD"
      River: "bingo"

Obv fish doesn't actually THINK during a hand, but I guess this would
      be their "general automatic logic" behind ...

Without reads of what kind of a fish he is exactly, I would fold on the flush river. Passive in general and then real strong aggro on the river looks like a classic weak fish playing his draw passively and then extracting value.

Even if he doesn't have flush, he will still have smth that beats you that he played weird and tried to induce you on flop & turn, but failed to do so.

So 90% of the time u're screwed there.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think I wouldn´t min-bet but go for 1,5$ bet and then would also fold to big raise, since I doubt he is really doing that often with his air and more often has there strong hand
      Also you can consider c/c his river small bet