Definition of Bad Beats?

    • YinYangS
      YinYangS
      Bronze
      Joined: 09.10.2010 Posts: 1,077
      What does bad beat mean for you?

      For me, it means that when I have more than 70% chance to win preflop or postflop and I still get beaten, that's bad beat for me.

      If i have 99 and is up against A7 and he luckily hits his 3 outer Ace, then that is a bad beat.

      Also, when I have KK and got it all in preflop and is up against AA, that's bad beat for me because there is no way you could fold KK preflop against one player and the probability of it happening in a 9-player table is just 4%.

      What's bad beat for you? :f_cool:


      .
      .
  • 7 replies
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      Joined: 26.06.2009 Posts: 737
      Originally posted by YinYangS
      What does bad beat mean for you?

      For me, it means that when I have more than 70% chance to win preflop or postflop and I still get beaten, that's bad beat for me.

      If i have 99 and is up against A7 and he luckily hits his 3 outer Ace, then that is a bad beat.

      Also, when I have KK and got it all in preflop and is up against AA, that's bad beat for me because there is no way you could fold KK preflop against one player and the probability of it happening in a 9-player table is just 4%.

      What's bad beat for you? :f_cool:


      .
      .
      i dont think either of them is a bad beat. you are a huge underdog preflop in one of them, and only a good favourite on the other. running into aa with kk is a cooler not a bad beat.

      to me a bad beat is raising with AKs,. flopping the nut flush on a 34t board, calling an all in bet to be up against 84o, with the turn a 8 and the river a 4 to lose to a full house.

      it also depends very much on the situation. if you give villan free cards to hits his out, or if he has odds so good he cant fold its not a bad beat - its poker.
    • YinYangS
      YinYangS
      Bronze
      Joined: 09.10.2010 Posts: 1,077
      Originally posted by evertonroar

      you are a huge underdog preflop in one of them
      with which do you mean by this?
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      Joined: 26.06.2009 Posts: 737
      kk v aa
    • YinYangS
      YinYangS
      Bronze
      Joined: 09.10.2010 Posts: 1,077
      well, of course i know it's a huge underdog but if you get 3 KK in a row and is up against AA all the time, now that's bad luck. ^_^
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      Joined: 26.06.2009 Posts: 737
      Originally posted by YinYangS
      well, of course i know it's a huge underdog but if you get 3 KK in a row and is up against AA all the time, now that's bad luck. ^_^
      no doubt at all. horrible luck but its not a bad beat as villian played it correctly each occasion. its a cooler not a bad beat
    • YinYangS
      YinYangS
      Bronze
      Joined: 09.10.2010 Posts: 1,077
      Originally posted by evertonroar
      Originally posted by YinYangS
      well, of course i know it's a huge underdog but if you get 3 KK in a row and is up against AA all the time, now that's bad luck. ^_^
      no doubt at all. horrible luck but its not a bad beat as villian played it correctly each occasion. its a cooler not a bad beat
      alright, i won't argue anymore with that. hahaha ^_^
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.07.2008 Posts: 4,346
      What does bad beat mean for you?


      <= 2 outs on the river