[NL2-NL10] nl2 KQs in CO

• VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      MP3 here is 50/25/3.5

I have been opening up. Previously I would have folded this pre-flop, but I think that was a huge leak.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, Q.
      2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.04, Hero raises to $0.10, 3 folds, MP3 calls $0.06.

His stats are very loose, and he has taken real trash to showdown, plus his small stack means I can't get too badly damaged, so I thought I would try him on.

Flop: ($0.23) 8, 5, 2 (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.02, Hero raises to $0.08, MP3 calls $0.06.

I've no idea what he figures 1BB into the pot will do.
      Should I have just called? I had half-hoped he would fold here.

Turn: ($0.39) 3 (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0.39) K (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.20(All-In), [COLOR=black]Hero ??

In the past I would insta-fold, but here with my lucky river, how can I?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello VorpalF2F,

Preflop: The problem with MP3 is just that his stack is pretty small, therefore it's kinda close but definitely doable. His limping range is anyways often times much weaker than our hand.
      Flop: Usually against those small stacks I'd either take the odds and Call and reevaluate it on further streets or just fold it. Since I just don't see my fold equity here anyways, any pair will Call us anyways and sometimes even overcards. And I guess if I would raise him, I would just put him directly all-in to get maximum fold equity.
      Turn: Rather Check behind and take the free card, he wont fold anyways.
      River: Guess not much you can do while hitting even the TP and as well somewhat getting the odds for a Call. Although might as well happen that we don't beat much here.

Best regards.