Concentration help

• rap1dw1n3r
      rap1dw1n3r
      Bronze
      Hello could you give me some advice on how to improve my concentration while playing the game because I find it difficult to keep track of what each of my opponents do and to try and see their betting patters or even some tells which they might have.
  • 5 replies
    • dubadal
      dubadal
      Bronze
      hello,

a good thing in any case would be using some tracking software, e.g. poker tracker or Holdem manager. If you do not have a huge hand-history yourself - have a look at database exchange forum and download some DBs for your limit/site http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=1425

Also, there are some videos/articles about learning/concentration, which might help here: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/psychology/

If you really want to focus on players (as opposed to their stats), you could try starting the session with one table, playing it for 10-15 minutes, making some basic notes on the players and then opening another table and doing the same. If you want to play 4+ tables this onviously will take time, but then you can calmly add information and use it.

Don't play when you are tired/disturbed/drunk - this will mean that you either concentrate on your own cards more than opps or that you dont concentrate on poker at all.

And above all - use starting hand chart for whatever you are playing :) that will somewhat soften out the mistakes, which you make due to low concentration.

Hope it helps. Gl!
      v
    • rap1dw1n3r
      rap1dw1n3r
      Bronze
      thanks I will try to take you advice :)
    • rap1dw1n3r
      rap1dw1n3r
      Bronze
      And for the chart I don't use it anymore I think that it's way too tight. I have passed that stage now where I need to follow it since i can access the situation quite well and know when to play or not to play a certain hand in a certain situation :) I just need to improve my concentration to make those decisions better and more accurate :)
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi rap1dw1n3r,

Thank you for the great questions.
      I think many players struggle with the same situation.

In addition to dubadal's great comments, PokerStrategy.com Elephant is free for all our members.

Download the new version and let us know how you getting along.

Good luck at the tables
      Ingrid

ps/ thank you dubadal =)
    • dubadal
      dubadal
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IngridN

ps/ thank you dubadal =)
      Happy to help.
      I was struggling with the same question about a week ago, so I know how it feels. :rolleyes: