[NL2-NL10] AQo from SB again :)

• AKM247
      AKM247
      Bronze
      Good morning,

MP2 limps then calls my raise & re-raises me on Flop, what kind of cards can I put an unknown villain on in this instance? Must I always fold the re-raise if the villain is unknown?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $7.60
      MP2:
      $10.89
      MP3:
      $11.31
      CO:
      $9.85
      BU:
      $3.85
      SB (Hero):
      $4.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, A.
      MP2 calls $0.10, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, BB folds, MP2 calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.1) 8, J, T (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.70, MP2 raises to $1.70, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.8.

cbets were not working as well as usual yesterday, I was looking at the cbet for advanced players article (not that I am advanced but there was nothing else about this) but it mainly refers to higher limits. Is the context still relevant to micro stakes?

Thanks,
      AKM
  • 2 replies
    • kingkong2
      kingkong2
      Bronze
      chart says for u to check fold that flop,,, bad c-bet,,, that flop hit his range really hard
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Heyhello,

Gold articles should always have to be used with statistics in order to get the desired result.

On the Flop you cBet doublegutter, BDFD and an overcard and you get raised. Odds you get is $3.5:1 = 3.5:1

The problem with your hand is that when you hit your outs, it is pretty obvious what you have (K = o vercard = actionkiller or 9 = four to a straight)

so I just bet/fold here unless it was a minraise

Best regards,
      Gerv