Should i stick with sit and goes?

• Wacko118
      Wacko118
      Bronze
      Recently started playin the $5 on FT and i really enjoy them, howeveri started with 50BI
      and accorded to hem ev wise i should be down less than 1 BI. im in fact down 7, Now my problem is i dont want to play the $2 ones as the rake is 25cents a go, but am unsure whether should move down.

So should i stick at it or move down or just move back to cash games which i do beat.
  • 4 replies
    • Navrark
      Navrark
      Bronze
      That's a good question. It sounds to me like HEM has better graphs than PT3. Unless you are talking about "All-In EV."

As far as All-In EV is concerned I went on a nasty downswing but am now back at about even, so far as chips are concerned. But as far as winnings are concerned I am at an -0.04 ROI. Does this mean that I am not a winning player? I wonder the same thing as you do, OP.

It sure seems to me like someone always has a great hand lurking behind me when I am Pushing. I'm not perfect and sometimes I push wrongly according to SNGWiz, but I push correctly a whole lot more often than I push wrong. I'm quite sure at the $5/$6 buy-ins at Tilt our opponents aren't pushing perfect either.

:f_confused: Who knows... I don't think giving up is ever the right answer, but you can certainly try a different game and see how it goes. I know that Full Tilt is Reg infested, but I have watched these Regs play and I don't really think that most of them are that great at our buy-in levels.
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Imo no need to move down until you have 30bi or less for the limit... (on these micro limits)
      And if your a 1bi down looser after 1k sng's you have a problem.. But I'm guessing you've only played like 50 tourneys so far??? Thats way too small sample size to tell if anyone is a winner or not at this game..
      Just keep studying and keep playing.. I'm sure things will turn around..
    • Yoshimitsu77
      Yoshimitsu77
      Bronze
      the $5.50 SnG's have the same % of rake as the $2.25s, unless your playing turbos in which case the rake % isnt too different and the $2.25 are defo beatable if you have to move down.
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hlynkinn
      Imo no need to move down until you have 30bi or less for the limit... (on these micro limits)
      And if your a 1bi down looser after 1k sng's you have a problem.. But I'm guessing you've only played like 50 tourneys so far??? Thats way too small sample size to tell if anyone is a winner or not at this game..
      Just keep studying and keep playing.. I'm sure things will turn around..
      i went on a horror downswing on the 5.50s. moved down even though im easily rollwed for the 5.50s just to get confidence back and plugg some leaks. going really well so far. my advice, move down, plug som eleaks and move back up when you are crushing the 2.25s