[NL2-NL10] SH NL50 AQs trips on turn

• swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      0.25/0.50 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:club: , Q:club:
      CO raises to $2.00, Hero raises to $6.00, 2 folds, CO calls $4.00.

Flop: ($12.75) T:diamond: , K:club: , Q:diamond: (2 players)
      CO bets $2, Hero calls $2.00.

Turn: ($16.75) Q:heart: (2 players)
      CO bets $3, Hero raises to $10.00, CO calls $7.00.

River: ($36.75) 4:club: (2 players)
      CO bets $5, Hero calls $5.00.

Final Pot: $46.75

Should I just call down here?
  • 6 replies
    • degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      I would reraise turn bigger (to 15$ or so), I think you can make a small reraise on river aswell, I don't think he has either straight or fullhouse with that line.
    • mashmash
      mashmash
      Bronze
      Well, he does attempt to block you on every street. The board is scary but i think it is definitely worth more than 1/7th of the pot on the river, since it is 4 handed, heads up. I would raise this, hopefully he doesn't re raise. Do you think he would lead with a block every street with a flopped straight or set hoping you would keep raising over? Maybe he does this with KJs. The problem with raising is that he may well have a 5 card hand and you have to figure how much to raise against his range if you likely have him beat. What are the reads? Tell us what he had
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      He had AJo =/
      No reads since I don't have PA HUD yet and he didn't play long enough for me to notice anything special. Just a weak player basically...
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Nice hand. These block bets often may indicate monsters:
      SB min-raised, I called KJ, board 577, he min-bets, I auto-reraise- he calls. Turn Q, he checks, I bet (for scare card)- he calls, river I hit my K, but board was so huge and I wasn´t sure if I´m ahead, so I checked. He shoved me AA:D . Some people just don´t want to play big pots^^
    • mashmash
      mashmash
      Bronze
      yeah unlucky, preflop you have the jerk dominated and he was dumb enough to call your re raise. Then he flops broadway and you get given trips. Some players will keep giving you the block hoping you will raise over, which is why i recommend caution vs these types. Unlucky, but lucky to get away with half of your stack and you have his dumb betting to thank for that. Kaitz, don't you see how your opponent did want to play a big pot? He was just allowing for bluffs and trying to milk those aces but you really should have gotten away from that hand. Those players are the easiest ones to stack
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      I raise more on the turn. The blockbets may be mosters, but they also may be draws...