Where do I go now? (Losing player)

• revlac
      revlac
      Bronze
      Please bear with me here, as I come to you asking what my next move should be.

I have been playing poker for a couple of months now, playing in a pub poker league and round friends, but mostly online. I have read a few strategy articles and own Dan Harrington on tournament play, but have only really flicked through the books.
      I have $20 left in my Full Tilt bankroll after getting up to $50 for a while and losing it. I play a mix of everything, normally losing at cash games (see chart);

I have also been playing Super Turbo SNGs, for which at the start was going well but I have seen massive swings;

So now im down to $20 and dont really want to redeposit, I ask you what my next move should be. I have read that 1 type of game should be my speciality, and I would say prefer SNGs

Should I get some more books, specifically SNG books? If I start on the $1 tables and work at them for a while to get my bankroll up would this be advisable? Study strategy before going back on? Im not sure and would like to hear your opinions.

P.S. I know that Super Turbos aren't really poker, so will play the normal or turbos.

I'd really appreciate anyones help on how to become better, thanks in advance.
  • 3 replies
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      - Your better off sticking to one type of poker when your a beginner (cash/MTT/sng)
      - Playing NL10 with $50 is absolutely horrible brm.. i recommend reading a brm article and following it..
      - 1k hands is not a sample.. alot of players alot more then that in a day.. You really can't judge anything from it..
      - Probably better to avoid high variance types of poker like MTT or super turbo's till you have a decent brm for them..
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by revlac
      Please bear with me here, as I come to you asking what my next move should be.

I have been playing poker for a couple of months now, playing in a pub poker league and round friends, but mostly online. I have read a few strategy articles and own Dan Harrington on tournament play, but have only really flicked through the books.
      I have $20 left in my Full Tilt bankroll after getting up to $50 for a while and losing it. I play a mix of everything, normally losing at cash games (see chart);

I have also been playing Super Turbo SNGs, for which at the start was going well but I have seen massive swings;

So now im down to $20 and dont really want to redeposit, I ask you what my next move should be. I have read that 1 type of game should be my speciality, and I would say prefer SNGs

Should I get some more books, specifically SNG books? If I start on the $1 tables and work at them for a while to get my bankroll up would this be advisable? Study strategy before going back on? Im not sure and would like to hear your opinions.

P.S. I know that Super Turbos aren't really poker, so will play the normal or turbos.

I'd really appreciate anyones help on how to become better, thanks in advance.
      well i would suggest reading some of the books you have. otherwise you just spent money on them for nothing. also focus on one type of poker. stop playing super turbos until you learn poker. play non-turbos and play the $1s. if you play cash play the 1/2c games (looks like you are playing a higher stakle based on you chart)
    • Huckebein
      Huckebein
      Bronze
      Hi revlac ,

in addition to the hints mentioned above: stay with one game type and try to get better by analyzing your hands and sessions after playing. I would recommend that you use our hand evaluation forums and strategy discussions to spot some leaks in your game. Get the expert advice of our hand judges and improve your game! Here is the link http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=1532

You should try to avoid super turbos, they are fun, but very high variance and not really adequate for beginners since they require a very tight BRM.

Keep us updated!

Best and good luck
      Huckebein :)