This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Jj

• Letsdothisish
      Letsdothisish
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Hand afspelen

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $3.80
      MP3:
      $8.24
      CO:
      $21.70
      BU (Hero):
      $10.10
      SB:
      $8.26
      BB:
      $10.00
      UTG2:
      $11.49
      MP1:
      $10.40

Preflop: Hero is BU with J, J.
      2 folds, MP2 raises to $0.40, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.40, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.95) 9, K, 9 (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.91, Hero calls $0.91.

Turn: ($2.77) T (2 players)
      MP2 bets $2.49, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.77.

Villain is 29/11/2.7/56h

I think I played this real badly.

I'm calling preflop because I don't want to shove with JJ. A lot of the times it's a flip or I'm way behind against QQ+

The reason I say this is because If I would have 3betted to $1.20, it's reasonable to say that villain would fold/shove because of his 38bb stack. If he would have shoved I'd have to pay $2.60 to win $7.60, odds good enough to call with JJ, but like I said I'm not feeling that comfortable shoving JJ.

I decide to call his cbet on the flop because there's only one overcard and the board is paired, I can still get some value from TT/88/77, etc. BUT if I decide to call his big bet on the flop isn't it a bad play to fold the turn? Either way it feels like he's committed so if I decide to go with the fact he has a lower PP than I still should have called the turn.

Still I couldn't stick to my plan because he showed so much agression and I thought I was beat.

I think 2 plays are the most profitable here. Either 3bet/shovecall preflop or either preflop call and fold the flop. Correct? Thanks
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello rvvrecke,

Preflop: Against that kind of stack I would just 3bet and get it in unless he is a real nitty opponent.

As played
      Postflop: Yes, rather likely fold the flop against that kind of big bet which often times somewhat indicates to a strong hand unless you have some other reads. As you decided to Call preflop.

Best regards.