[NL2-NL10] Session of losing to Trips: Hand 1

• GraveGoods
      I have lost to trips 3 times today and they make up the 3 of 4 biggest hands I have lost today. I wondered if there was anything I could have done to get away from these hands, or played them differently so I didn't lose so much? To be honest, I was thinking I had them beat and wanted all the chips in the pot, is there any other way you would have looked at these differently to have changed that?

I will seperate these into 3 threads for ease of evaluation etc.

Known players:

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:club: , Q:club:
      5 folds, CO calls $0.05, BU folds, Hero raises to $0.20, BB folds, CO calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.45) 9:diamond: , 5:spade: , 3:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.2, CO calls $0.20.

Turn: ($0.85) A:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($0.85) T:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.4, CO raises to $0.80, Hero raises to $1.20, CO raises to $4.45 (All-In), Hero calls $3.25.

Final Pot: $9.75

Results follow (highlight to see):
      CO shows three-of-a-kind, nines (9h 9c)
      Hero shows (Ac Qc)

CO wins with three-of-a-kind, nines (9h 9c)
  • 3 replies
    • acceleration123
      Preflop: make it 4BB and +1 more additional BB per limper. Proper sizing here would be 0,25$.

Make your cbet bigger too, 0,3 likely.

Why do you check the turn ?? I´d bet here something between 0,4-0,5.

What do you expect to beat on the river, when he pushes ? Rather just call his first raise and see the showdown.
    • veriz
      Hello GraveGoods,

Preflop: Being OOP you can do it ~$0,30 for being OOP and as well there is one limper.
      Flop: If you want to CBet at all here then I would do it even bigger ~$0,30.
      Turn: Checking here is likely fine since he will anyways have hard time Calling with a lot worse. Might even induce him to bluff with some floats.
      River: But I don't like your all-in here at all. You like only have a TP and therefore at the best I would just Call his min-raise and be happy if I even win. But usually we are against at least 2pair type of hand. And if even the raise would be bigger on river then I might even fold it. We likely only beat bluffs if he is raising bigger.

Conclusion: I really advice you posting more hands, you seem to have a lot of leaks in bet/raise sizes which might cost in long run a lot of money for you or either you don't get enough value.

Best regards.
    • acceleration123
      Nice idea about the turn, didn´t think about this but it´s obviously right ! :)