[NL2-NL10] Session of losing to Trips: Hand 2

• GraveGoods
      GraveGoods
      Bronze
      I have lost to trips 3 times today and they make up the 3 of 4 biggest hands I have lost today. I wondered if there was anything I could have done to get away from these hands, or played them differently so I didn't lose so much? To be honest, I was thinking I had them beat and wanted all the chips in the pot, is there any other way you would have looked at these differently to have changed that?

I will seperate these into 3 threads for ease of evaluation etc.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $3.99
      BU:
      $5.45

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:diamond: , K:diamond:
      6 folds, BU raises to $0.15, Hero raises to $0.40, BB folds, BU calls $0.25.

Flop: ($0.85) A:club: , Q:club: , 7:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.35, BU raises to $0.70, Hero calls $0.35.

Turn: ($2.25) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($2.25) J:club: (2 players)
      Hero raises $2.89 (All-In), BU calls $2.89.

Final Pot: $8.03

Results follow (highlight to see):
      BU shows three-of-a-kind, jacks (Jh Jd)
      Hero shows (Ad Kd)

BU wins with three-of-a-kind, jacks (Jh Jd)
  • 2 replies
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Preflop: 3bet should be 0,45 here.

Flop: make your cbets bigger. Generally the more drawy is the board, the bigger you want to make it. Also, you will get more value from worse hands over the period of time, because fishes will have to call more. I´d make it like 0,60$ here. (and it would be more probable that you want get bluff-raised). As played I like the call, cause he is doing it rather small which is a sign of weakness :) .

On the river I´d probably place a small blockbet something like 1$ and hope not to get raised :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello GraveGoods,

Add to full stack if you playing BSS.

Preflop: Being OOP I might do it sometimes 4x, although definitely bigger than your raise.
      Flop: CBet a lot bigger like $0,60 at least, and I don't really see why you even Calling on flop. If I am planning to continue here then I would rather just get it in here or either just fold the hand without any reads. Your small bet usually could just induce him to raise you.
      Turn: I would still at least donk it here to not see Check behind while he may as well be on some kind of draw and as well we managed to get as well a nutFD while having TPTK.

As played
      River: Don't really see a lot worse hands Calling here anyways, flushdraw completed, some GS completed, a lot of 2pairs are possible. Therefore I might even Check it and take a look at his bet and if if it's someone bigger one then I might even prefer folding.

Best regards.