[NL2-NL10] Session of losing to Trips: Hand 3

• GraveGoods
      GraveGoods
      Bronze
      I have lost to trips 3 times today and they make up the 3 of 4 biggest hands I have lost today. I wondered if there was anything I could have done to get away from these hands, or played them differently so I didn't lose so much? To be honest, I was thinking I had them beat and wanted all the chips in the pot, is there any other way you would have looked at these differently to have changed that?

I will seperate these into 3 threads for ease of evaluation etc.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5.01
      BU:
      $3.42

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:heart: , Q:club:
      3 folds, BU raises to $0.15, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.45, BU calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.92) T:diamond: , 6:heart: , 5:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.35, BU raises to $0.70, Hero calls $0.35.

Turn: ($2.32) 2:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.65, Hero raises to $3.86 (All-In), BU calls $1.62 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

River: ($6.86) 9:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $6.86

Results follow (highlight to see):
      BU shows three-of-a-kind, tens (Th Tc)
      Hero shows (Qh Qc)

BU wins with three-of-a-kind, tens (Th Tc)
  • 2 replies
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Preflop: Imo you can do it even bigger here against such a fish (just for the reason to build up bigger pot) 0,60 would be ok I believe.

Flop: your cbet is really smallish, it invites villain to bluffraise especially if he is such an agro guy. I´d do it 0,75 since the board really isn´t that dry. And I´d probably go broke on the flop against his stack size and the way he is playing, not much point in doing it on turn, because you don´t want to see any A or K. (or a lot of other cards left in the deck)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello GraveGoods,

Preflop: Just do it bigger like at least 4x his raise.
      Postflop: As well do the CBet bigger like $0,70 and I might even go broke with my hand while it's a 3bet pot and against somewhat not thinking opponent, while he could easily be going broke with a lot worse. But as played rather ship it right on flop than Call it, doesn't really make sense. When he has any kind of draw then we are just giving him great odds for a Call.

Best regards.