Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($9.80)
      Hero ($12.14)
      UTG ($3.57)
      CO ($5.51)
      BTN ($19.92)

Dealt to Hero 7:club: J:club:

UTG raises to $0.20, fold, BTN calls $0.20, SB calls $0.15, Hero calls $0.10

FLOP ($0.80) J:heart: 7:heart: 4:diamond:

SB bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40, UTG calls $0.40, BTN raises to $1.50, SB folds, Hero raises to $11.94 (AI), UTG folds, BTN calls $10.44

TURN ($25.48) J:heart: 7:heart: 4:diamond: Q:club:

RIVER ($25.48) J:heart: 7:heart: 4:diamond: Q:club: A:diamond:

Hero shows 7:club: J:club:
      (Pre 49%, Flop 16.8%, Turn 9.1%)

BTN shows 4:spade: 4:heart:
      (Pre 51%, Flop 83.2%, Turn 90.9%)

BTN wins $24.21

Villian 19/13/2.8 over 122 hands, probably a TAG.
  • 4 replies
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Imo raise the flop and fold to a 3bet. I don´t see any sense in check/raising, the button guy is already 3betting SB, this is multiway pot, you are likely never ahead here with your 2 pair. Even though it looks sexy ;)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello ragney,

Definitely have to raise yourself on flop for protection and as well maybe value from some Jx hand, and as played I wouldn't go broke there. Ask yourself, what worse would he be Calling our shove? Do you really think that he would just go broke there with Jx? And does he have a lot of J4 or 47 in his range? And not even sure that a tag would go broke with them.

Therefore rather Raise/Fold on flop.

Best regards.
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello ragney,

Definitely have to raise yourself on flop for protection and as well maybe value from some Jx hand, and as played I wouldn't go broke there. Ask yourself, what worse would he be Calling our shove? Do you really think that he would just go broke there with Jx? And does he have a lot of J4 or 47 in his range? And not even sure that a tag would go broke with them.

Best regards.
      You're right... I would have call with the nut flush anyways most of the time. I only was thinking that there aren't many combos that can beat us so I was putting him on a somehwat nut flush.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by ragney
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello ragney,

Best regards.
      You're right... I would have call with the nut flush anyways most of the time. I only was thinking that there aren't many combos that can beat us so I was putting him on a somehwat nut flush.
      The problem is that usually people tend to Call with some draws there in the multiway pot and taking the odds while they can rather they are raising and playing very aggressively them.