Hero checks, CO bets $0.75, Hero calls $0.75

TURN ($2.25) 5:heart: 8:club: 5:diamond: 2:diamond:

Hero checks, CO bets $2.25, Hero calls $2.25

RIVER ($6.75) 5:heart: 8:club: 5:diamond: 2:diamond: 5:club:

Hero checks, CO bets $6.75, Hero calls $6.75

57/17/4.5 81hands

F: i miss c.bet but vs this player c/c i think isn't bad idea so i c/c
      T: c/c again becouse 2 is blank
      R: good cards for me beocuse if he has magic FH nice hand sir so i call becosue i loose only FH and OP but he 3b 9,5% so i don;t think he often have TT+ so buff/FH i must call.
  • 5 replies
    • kevvu
      kevvu
      Bronze
      Hey,
      As played I like your calling down, cause he is loose so bluffhappy as well. But CB still this board on that low limit, cause you will get so much value from worse.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello deivid2,

Flop: Yeah, definitely Check/Call is an option if you expect him to raise your CBets very often and as well you can expect such a player trying to take down the pot. But you have to take into account that he is potting here which often times looks strong. Does he usually do that as well? While we only have 81 hands therefore sometimes we might even not able to base on the AF or any kind of stats.
      But while he doesn't raise that much then just CBet it for value.
      Turn: As well continues betting pot here as well. I would likely continue here cautiously, since often times such pot size bets are like very strong plays rather than expecting a bluff from somewhat unknown player. Since you didn't really mention either much about him.
      River: Nah, I still think that those players are capable of flatting TT/JJ against specific opponents. And as well you can't really base on 3bet stat while you only have 81 hands on him. And against that kind of line I might be even very curious, I might even make the crying fold while he is taking 3barrel and betting pot. But back to the question, why did you pick such a line on flop & turn then, likely have to Call it on river as well.
      And as well ask yourself: Do you expect him to do that with weaker PPs like 66/77? Do you expect him to play this way with just 8x? Do you expect him to have any kind of bluffs here?

So based on those answers I would decided what I will do. For example we need like 34% equity there to make it profitable. Lets say we think that one of those answers are yes, then we likely get like ~50% equity, therefore the Call should be considerable. If you really think that but against unknown or without any information on him, I would like ever do it.

But now back again now to the detailed questions:
      1) Okey, the sizes could be reasonable for bluffs since he tries to gain maximum fold equity, therefore against bluffs having in his ranges we are getting it as a profitable Call.
      2) His line with hands like 66/77/8x. Why do you think that he would like overplay them and play that big for value? I am very often expecting him to bet with those hands rather passively and not that much and usually he would try to gain some way pot control and as well make you to Call with some Ax type of hand. With such bets he would just make you fold your Ax hand. And as well usually they tend to be scared with them to go for such a value rather than taking the maximum of it unless they are wanting to turn their hand into bluff.
      3) TT/JJ, those are the hands which I could consider him putting on when he picks such a bet sizes line.

Conclusion: We likely most of the time see here rather him having some kind of bluff if we win the hand rather than 8x/66 or 77 I guess. But of course it depends like A LOT on the opponent, table dynamics (like how have we played back against him or were we active against him on previous hands?) and of course as well what kind of reads we have on him.

Hopefully it did somehow help you, while it was pretty long story what I wrote. :f_zZz:

Best regards.
    • kevvu
      kevvu
      Bronze
      Yep, long story :D . But interesting thoughts ;) . I would still consider that he purebluffs sometimes so we have a bit easier calldown, as played. Cause the thing is we look really weak and he looks aggr. So i like a bit more to call his river again, when we called on turn, to just make the note, what that pot size bet means and like u said we have equity.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by kevvu
      Yep, long story :D . But interesting thoughts ;) . I would still consider that he purebluffs sometimes so we have a bit easier calldown, as played. Cause the thing is we look really weak and he looks aggr. So i like a bit more to call his river again, when we called on turn, to just make the note, what that pot size bet means and like u said we have equity.
      Yep, likely. While I decided to let him bluff, I mean if I would be playing the hero then I would Call as well and likely even see bluff there time to time. :D
    • deivid2
      deivid2
      Global
      yep i agree you, boecuse i don't have info he is spazzy and he can do that bet 3x pot only big hands.