This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2: loose call with AQ?

• belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($2.92)
      BB ($2.45) (14/7)
      Hero ($5.19)
      UTG+1 ($1.83)
      UTG+2 ($1.91)
      MP1 ($8.53)
      MP2 ($1.92)
      CO ($2)
      BTN ($2.14)

Dealt to Hero Q:heart: A:diamond:

Hero raises to $0.08, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.06

FLOP ($0.17) J:spade: T:heart: 6:diamond:

BB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($0.17) J:spade: T:heart: 6:diamond: T:club:

BB bets $0.12, Hero calls $0.12

RIVER ($0.41) J:spade: T:heart: 6:diamond: T:club: 5:diamond:

BB bets $1.12, Hero folds

BB wins $0.39

I wonder whether I should have folded or raised on the turn, and whether the overbet on the river didn't indicate a bluff. What do you think?
  • 6 replies
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      This flop is pretty good to place a contibet.

No point in calling turn, he could easily check Tx kind of hand on the flop and you only have A high.

Without any reads, you can´t say whether or not he is likely to bluff on the river, but I believe you are beaten here everytime.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello belayd,

Rather do CBet the flop than Call the turn and as well perfect flop to do that, while we might have a lot of outs like GS+overcards and of course fold equity. And yes, as played fold turn.

Best regards.
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      You're both right, of course. Thank you. Another stupid mistake by me that cost me at least 6 bb, if not the whole pot.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Originally posted by belayd
      You're both right, of course. Thank you. Another stupid mistake by me that cost me at least 6 bb, if not the whole pot.
      Don´t despair mate, everybody makes stupid mistakes from time to time. Just keep working on your game and see you on some higher stakes in the future ;)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      Don´t despair mate, everybody makes stupid mistakes from time to time. Just keep working on your game and see you on some higher stakes in the future ;)
      Good attitude. :)
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Originally posted by veriz
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      Good attitude. :)
      Thank you, you also have some contribution on that I manage to keep it :)