How accurate is $EV?

• Rammie
      Just been playing for a month or two, wondering if im a losing player or if its just a downswing.

According to Hold'em Manager from just under 3k hands my $EV is $5.28 but im on $-12.12 winnings with expected 1.86bb/100. (This includes about -$6 playing while exceedingly drunk... oops... though I think I still stuck to strategy!)

Just wondered if this is a likely downswing or should I look at my play more before I try more. Playing a mostly SSS though using the manager to steal & reseal more which seems to be working well.
  • 2 replies
    • IIJonasII
      EV graph is accurate show what your expected winnings in ALL in spots. But EV dont show all picture how good you run.
      If you winning player you still should try improve all the time.
      I dont think stop playing is good, just keep playing and improving your game. Practice is big part of improvement.
    • MatejM47
      Personally i don't pay much attention to EV in cash games. It only shows how you run if you get it in by the turn. For example last month i played around 70k hands and only 430 hands we're ''EV adjusted''. Thats less then 1% of all hands. And it doesn't even cover coolers and river suckouts so its really only a smart part on how you run overall if you ask me.