[DONE] Elephant just stopped working

• DNAwithin
      DNAwithin
      Bronze
      Hey support! I've been using Elephant for over a month now. I am using version 0.99 and the program has been working great....up to now. I was playing NL50 6max at FTP when all of a sudden my HUD and everything else just stopped updating. Apparently the hands were not importing, because my HUD did not update it's stats and the Overview tab didn't either. I tried importing the hands from today manually but it says 255 hands not imported and after the import is done I receive a message Failure at importing 0 hands. I am using WinXP. I tried re-installing the software but it did not help. Any ideas?
  • 9 replies
    • philiveyfan
      philiveyfan
      Bronze
      hey bro listen im new to elephant can you help me with these symbols as i dont got a clue..

mods/players read please
    • DNAwithin
      DNAwithin
      Bronze
      Update: After restarting the computer and re-installing Elephant it is importing hands again. However, it still refuses to import the 2-300 hands missing. How can I get them in there?
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      I'm afraid I'm not aware of a quick fix, but I'll have mrk, our elephant expert, reply to you asap :)

Hadi
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Hey DNAwithin,

looks like something happend to those 255 hands... maybe they were not saved properly / got corrupted in any way.

Please send us those 255 hands via email to elephant[at]pokerstrategy[dot]com and we will have a look at it. Hopefully we can reproduce the problem.
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Hey DNAwithin,

did you alreay send us handhistories?
    • DOZN01
      DOZN01
      Bronze
      this has happend to me,
      after trying to get the elephant to work many years ago i gave up,
      but tryed again 2 months ago everythink was fine and running untill a couple of days ago it just stopped not stats no hands nothing,
      so i ve stopped using it, but thats what you get for somethink thats free,
      IMHO its just not worth the hassel, too many errors,
      you just have to look at the elephant forum flooded with people with problems......................
      no word of a lie ive spent many hours of wasted time on this software,
      and now to any1 out there just dont use it,
      im gonna buy a proper HUD stats software to use in the future
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DOZN01
      this has happend to me,
      after trying to get the elephant to work many years ago i gave up,
      but tryed again 2 months ago everythink was fine and running untill a couple of days ago it just stopped not stats no hands nothing,
      so i ve stopped using it, but thats what you get for somethink thats free,
      IMHO its just not worth the hassel, too many errors,
      you just have to look at the elephant forum flooded with people with problems......................
      no word of a lie ive spent many hours of wasted time on this software,
      and now to any1 out there just dont use it,
      im gonna buy a proper HUD stats software to use in the future
      I see where you are comming from, but we are here to help as much as we can - alltough the software is still free and will be in the future ;-)

IMO it's worth 10 minutes posting a problem to the forums that can possibly be solved pretty easily by myself, following simple instructions.

But that's just my opinion. Think about it that way:

I'm buying software for 50$, still have problems because of my windows installation not beeing up to date (for example), "wasted" 50$ for the moment and still have to post my problem to a (different) forum.

Which scenario would you rather have? ;)
    • DOZN01
      DOZN01
      Bronze
      ok maybe i was a bit hastie about this, but its a usefull program when it running and working correctly,
      but boy i have a lot a problems with it,
      get so frustrating, when i downloaded the elephant 2 years ago i must of spend days trying to get it to work there was loads of good advise on how to fix the errors , be to no availe could i get it to work , was far to much hassel to get a database set up passwords didnt match ect,postgre errors
      then two month ago i downloaded it every think was working then last week i started to have problems, on the downloading page it say somethink about the postgres you have to use the one in the elephant poker strategy file not the downloaded verson,
      cause this can have problems
      just wish it was simple to use just download it and no messing about ,
      deleting file and uploading the new ones

but i hope this get fixed soon for people who wants to use it,
      at the moment ive deleted it from my computer,
      maybe later in the future i might use it again,
      after all it free compared to paying $50 for anew HUD stats :)
    • Larres
      Larres
      Bronze
      Hi there,

I'll close this thread now. Please keep in mind that you can download the free version of the PokerStrategy.com Elephant any time and if you wish any support feel free to ask it here.

Cheers,
      L