This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2- 45s- how much to raise on the river?

• Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Hello,

Villain seemed fishy loose passive in the few hands I'd seen before this hand. I called preflop because of good odds and position, on the flop I decided to play passively because of the number of opponents + I had to discount 2 outs. After his check on the turn I thought he might be scared of the Q but since I was passive on the flop I checked behind.

After his bet on the river, I wanted to raise but was not sure how big the raise should be. Because of his turn check I put him on a pair of 10s or on a bluff with a missed flush draw. I thought the missed draw will fold regardless of the size and a 10 might not call a big raise so I raised only slightly ower 2x his bet. Was this OK in this spot or should I do the standard '3x his bet' raise to possibly get more value?

Thanks and best wishes.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP1:
      $1.94
      MP2:
      $2.48
      MP3:
      $3.20
      CO (Hero):
      $2.00
      BU:
      $2.10
      SB:
      $3.36
      BB:
      $0.80
      UTG1:
      $2.44
      UTG2:
      $1.97

Preflop: Hero is CO with 5, 4.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0.04, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.04, MP3 calls $0.04, Hero calls $0.04, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.19) 3, 2, T (4 players)
      UTG2 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 bets $0.09, Hero calls $0.09, UTG2 folds, MP2 folds.

Turn: ($0.37) Q (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0.37) 6 (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.27, Hero raises to $0.60, MP3 calls $0.33.

Final Pot: $1.57.

Results follow:

Hero shows a straight, six high(5c 4c).
      MP3 shows a pair of tens(4s Tc).

Hero wins with a straight, six high(5c 4c).
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Dback357,

The play seems to be fine, I wouldn't raise the flop either while we just getting too good odds for a Call and rather abuse it. And river is questionable, I guess I would do the raise there even bigger like $1 should work as well. Even if he is some kind of fish we can expect more often him to make the Call there.

Best regards.