[NL2-NL10] NL2 - ATo

• jockel80
      Known players:

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:diamond: , T:heart:
      Hero raises to $0,08, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0,08, CO calls $0,08, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0,27) A:club: , 8:spade: , 6:heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0,18, MP3 calls $0,18, CO folds.

Turn: ($0,63) 6:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,3, MP3 calls $0,30.

River: ($1,23) J:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0,2, Hero calls $0,20.

Final Pot: $1,63

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Ad Th)
      MP3 shows two-pair, aces and jacks (Ah Jh)

MP3 wins with two-pair, aces and jacks (Ah Jh)

Is it better to check/call on the turn to maybe induce a bluff on the turn or the river? At least against a TAG i think this would be the right strategy. I can hardly get value from weaker hands since he would probably fold pocket pairs KK- to my 2nd barrel. Hands like A9 or A7 will probably be folded preflop. There are also no draws to protect against. This opponent, however, has quite a big WTS but low AF. So is betting ok here?

Many thanks in advance,
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello jockel80,

Against that kind of station I guess you can just bet all the streets while you decided to open-raise such a hand from MP1. This means you see that hand being very strong in postflop play against those opponents. Therefore I would just bet myself all the streets against his stack.

Rather fold preflop if you aren't wanting to go broke against 50BB or whatsoever with your TP type of hand.

Best regards.