This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20 JJ on BB

• utenosmelynas
      utenosmelynas
      Bronze
      $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Holdem
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($19.20)
      UTG+1 ($23.62)
      CO ($2.90)
      BTN ($65.59)
      SB ($12.28)
      utenos (BB) ($30.74)

Pre-Flop: ($0.30, 6 players) utenos is BB J:diamond: J:club:
      1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.70, 2 folds, SB calls $0.60, utenos calls $0.50

Flop: 5:club: 2:diamond: 9:heart: ($2.10, 3 players)
      SB checks, utenos ($30.04)?

Here i decided to call PF. It's ok? cos we don't want to iso ourselfs nor get it in pf without reads.
      On the flop:
      1.1) should we donk out? what we can expect and 1.2) how we should react against opener agression?
      2) ch/r? if we ch/r and he reraises we fold? if he calls and turn lets say 3/4/6/7/8
      /T, what then? If Q/K/A?
      3) ch/call?

Thanks! =)
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Do we have any info on the players?

Considering the SB only has ~60 bbs I'd label him a recreational player (fish). Because of that we should try to 3bet preflop to isolate him (it would be 3bet/fold vs UTG+1).

As played, I don't mind a donk so the flop doesn't get checked back and we get value.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      depends how tight or loose are the players. I would generally 3-bet to isolate against fish and you can likely fold if UTG would 4-bet
      I think leading out should be the best play. c/r would be generating big pot oop where you really have no idea if you want to play for stacks.
      I fyou want you can also c/c flop and bet turn and river for value, but betting out 3 streets should also be fine
    • utenosmelynas
      utenosmelynas
      Bronze
      But what he can call here 3 streets that we beat? bet turn also if Q/K/A comes?
      And we're talking here about donk/folding?

if we bet flop he(utg) calls, you'd prefer bet/fold or ch/call?

Cheers! :)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by utenosmelynas
      But what he can call here 3 streets that we beat? bet turn also if Q/K/A comes?
      And we're talking here about donk/folding?

if we bet flop he(utg) calls, you'd prefer bet/fold or ch/call?

Cheers! :)
      88, TT, maybe T9s. if you think he won´t call you down these hands you can always just bet turn and then maybe c/c river if you have overpair, but consider you called pf quite strong hand I think you should go 3 streets for value

I´d bet turn if Q and K comes. With A I´d c/c turn and then c/f river

I think you can b/f flop, since he won´t really bluffraise there with AK and there aren´t any draws, but even with overpairs I think he would just call and maybe also with sets since pot is so dry and he´d rather see you continue bluffing.

If I bet flop and utg calls I´d prefer bet/folding again for value since I think he can call us down with worse hands