Stud Hi poker tracker

• 9 replies
    • Jim9137
      Jim9137
      Bronze
      Poker Tracker Stud was never a really good program beyond for tracking your own results, since it was basically slightly modified version of the Hold'em version. That works for Omaha, because the two games are very similar, but Stud is completely different category of games.

However, this free open source database program supports nearly every game and also has HUD for some sites:

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/fpdb/index.php?title=Main_Page

Use at your own risk however, but when I used it the hud and everything worked pretty well. Pretty spartan, though.
    • terpesheva
      terpesheva
      Bronze
      Thanks!
      Ill give it a try.
      What stats am I looking for in stud hi? apart from vpip (20% is the norm, isn't it?) and perhaps AF although this is not really and indicator because of the variety of raising situations...
    • Jim9137
      Jim9137
      Bronze
      I personally used the stats simply to look at who was playing way too loose and who was playing way too tight, and who was raising monsters. Also, AF gives a general idea how passively a person plays after some hundred hands.

These aren't the give all have all stats though, and you really should instead focus on paying attention on your opponents. What hands are they raising and limping with? What sort of hands do they take to showdown? Do they make thin valuebets with bare pairs, or are they scared money even with a pair of aces on board? If stats reflect your general impression of a player, feel more confident, but if you think player is playing loose and aggressive with hands, but his stats show him as a tight and weak player, be more wary of relying on the numbers.

So my advice is to take notes and take plenty of them. If you judge a person to be weaktight based on how you've seen him play, and stats reflect that, you should be more confident in your assessment. Alternatively, if you see a person's stats to be on the tight side and he seems to be folding many hands after the third, you should be more confident that he is weak tight, and thus bluff him more often.

In Stud and poker general, I think diligent note taking is far more profitable for you, and it also helps you to improve your own game as you are thinking more and reacting less.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Don't know if it's free or not, but Stud Indicator seems popular. I have no experience of it though.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Stud indicator is not free, $99 I think. I'm not sure it will track results either, but it does keep a count of all folded upcards which is great for card-removal info. It is also capable of quite a few equity calculations based on villains upcards which could be useful. However....don't think I will be paying $99 for it anytime soon.

That open source software looks nice, but I can't get it working.

Pokertracker stud is no longer available to purchase according to the site, but you can still download the .exe for a trial. I've managed to install it but not get it tracking any results so far.

I am not a serious stud player but wouldn't mind getting tracking software too, just to record results. No luck so far though.
    • Jim9137
      Jim9137
      Bronze
      I think Stud Indicator might be banned on some sites (Hold'em Indicator was at some point), so do check the banned software lists before using it.

I had it at one point, but I didn't find it very useful in comparison. RainmainTrail has very good systems to evaluate your hand strength in his videos. :f_love:
    • terpesheva
      terpesheva
      Bronze
      fpdb did not start unfortunately.

I just need to track my roll, get basic stats that I am playing, spot strong opponents, but I'm sure I'll manage with PTs for 30 days.
      Thanks for the advice!
    • Jim9137
      Jim9137
      Bronze
      Yes, I recall it was slightly difficult to install. But I think it is probably the only tracker that tracks stud nowadays. :f_frown:
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by terpesheva
      fpdb did not start unfortunately.
      Considering it's free software these guys will bend over backwards to help you get things running. It seems like most of their support is on IRC and 2+2.