And so it begins

• NathanDavidLee
      NathanDavidLee
      Bronze
      Hello!

My name is Nathan Lee. Im from England, Middlesbrough and im soon to be 21 years old. I have played poker since I was 15 years old on freerolls and was desperate to start gambling by the time I was 18...this led to an unhealthy addiction that got me into a lot of trouble.

I've since calmed down and as I'm nearing my 21st birthday I've decided to grow up and take this stuff seriously. I've got my $50 and im at Cake Poker (hopefully the action will be enough.)

I've made a promise that I will also put on $50 to full tilt and $50 on another site and thats is all i will desposit untill 2012. I'll keep you all informed.

I'm not a rookie, but I'm not a pro yet.
  • 8 replies
    • DannyG13
      DannyG13
      Bronze
      Welcome, Middlesbrough ftw!
    • NathanDavidLee
      NathanDavidLee
      Bronze
      Are you from Middlesbrough Danny?
    • yirteasoot
      yirteasoot
      Bronze
      hello yirteasoot here im 47 and work for michelin tyre company in dundee,been playing since i was 17, play on paddypower might see ya there. :D :D :D
    • NathanDavidLee
      NathanDavidLee
      Bronze
      I don't play on paddy power...is it any good?
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hello Everyone!

Welcome to our community! =)

Nathan, we wish you the best of luck and hope you'll enjoy playing at Cake Poker.

The more you ask the better it is. We are friendly and helpful community here and always happy to discuss new/old topics.

Keep us posted and looking forward to see you on the forum
      Ingrid
    • fundizm
      fundizm
      Bronze
      Just got my free 50$...THANK YOU.. Amazing i still cant believe it...I have been telling my poker buddies to sign up. The silly donkeys keep failing the quiz, I say READ the strategy handbook, its not that hard.

Anyhow I signed up at Cake Poker and after 5 solid hours I ended up 3$ down.

Having a little trouble staying calm and sticking to the starting hand guides. So frustrating waiting for for the right position, right hand and getting no action... That sucks.. There also seems to be a core group of players multi tabling on every 2/4c table. They are good players so I just keep on waiting for good hands and for the super loose guys that overbet and bluff the second they get on the table.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi fundizm,

Welcome to our community!

You should help your buddies and explain them the basic of poker. =) Might help passing the quiz!

You must stick to the starting hand chart because its made to help you and get a better poker player. It takes a lot of patience but its worth it.

You know our Cake Poker forum right?

Keep me posted
      Ingrid
    • DannyG13
      DannyG13
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NathanDavidLee
      Are you from Middlesbrough Danny?
      8 months late, but better late than never right?! :f_biggrin: I am indeed!