[NL2-NL10] NL2 MSS AQo - TPTK vs loose player

• moodkiller
      moodkiller
      Bronze
      I'm trying to play Tight/Agressive. Villain was loose player and usually he calls with weak pairs and weak draws, that's why i was playing for value vs him. My question is did i played the hand correct after his raise on the flop?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG2:
      $0.45
      Hero:
      $1.01

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:diamond: , Q:club:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0.06, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.06, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.15) Q:diamond: , 9:club: , 6:spade: (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $0.1, UTG2 raises to $0.20, Hero raises to $0.40, UTG2 calls $0.19 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Turn: ($0.93) Q:spade:
      River: ($0.93) 8:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $0.93
  • 4 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello,

If villain is a typical calling station, one has to be very careful then when getting check/raised.

In this example I would rather call his c/minraise and let him bluff the Turn rather than 3bet and let him fold all his bluffs. however since he is a big fish I think both moves (bet/shove like you did or call his c/minraise and play the turn) is perfectly fine

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • kingkong2
      kingkong2
      Bronze
      i thought mss was a raise or fold thing. and in the chart AQ was a fold,,
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kingkong2
      i thought mss was a raise or fold thing. and in the chart AQ was a fold,,

As I said before... you can also raise as moodkiller did

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • kingkong2
      kingkong2
      Bronze
      gerv i really enjoyed your SS vids . i also enjoyed your MSS vid . will u be doing any more MSS vids for basic? i have been playing SS and MSS on PKR ,i went from under $20 maybe 3 months ago to $900 today . but my MSS dont seem to be working for me at .25-.50 over 4000 hands i played there, i never sorted the SS sessions from the MSS , but i was down $91, i seem to be doing something wrong . i have been sticking to the chart . i seem to have hit a wall on .25-50 . i could really use some help, maybe its becouse there are only a few tables on 25-50 fullring and the players know my game , there are only 5 tables there at best and pretty much all the same players