This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 MSS AQo - TPTK vs loose player

• moodkiller
      moodkiller
      Bronze
      I'm trying to play Tight/Agressive. Villain was loose player and usually he calls with weak pairs and weak draws, that's why i was playing for value vs him. My question is did i played the hand correct after his raise on the flop?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG2:
      $0.45
      Hero:
      $1.01

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:diamond: , Q:club:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0.06, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.06, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.15) Q:diamond: , 9:club: , 6:spade: (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $0.1, UTG2 raises to $0.20, Hero raises to $0.40, UTG2 calls $0.19 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Turn: ($0.93) Q:spade:
      River: ($0.93) 8:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $0.93
  • 4 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello,

If villain is a typical calling station, one has to be very careful then when getting check/raised.

In this example I would rather call his c/minraise and let him bluff the Turn rather than 3bet and let him fold all his bluffs. however since he is a big fish I think both moves (bet/shove like you did or call his c/minraise and play the turn) is perfectly fine

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • kingkong2
      kingkong2
      Bronze
      i thought mss was a raise or fold thing. and in the chart AQ was a fold,,
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kingkong2
      i thought mss was a raise or fold thing. and in the chart AQ was a fold,,

As I said before... you can also raise as moodkiller did

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • kingkong2
      kingkong2
      Bronze
      gerv i really enjoyed your SS vids . i also enjoyed your MSS vid . will u be doing any more MSS vids for basic? i have been playing SS and MSS on PKR ,i went from under $20 maybe 3 months ago to $900 today . but my MSS dont seem to be working for me at .25-.50 over 4000 hands i played there, i never sorted the SS sessions from the MSS , but i was down $91, i seem to be doing something wrong . i have been sticking to the chart . i seem to have hit a wall on .25-50 . i could really use some help, maybe its becouse there are only a few tables on 25-50 fullring and the players know my game , there are only 5 tables there at best and pretty much all the same players