[NL2-NL10] FR SSS NL10 - 99 in MP

• russo79
      Titan Poker All Along 0.05/0.10, hand converted by the iPoker Converter at Talking-Poker

saw flop | [color:#C00000]saw showdown[/color]

Button ($13.42)
      SB ($6.26)
      BB Villain2 ($9)
      UTG ($10.55)
      UTG+1 Villain3 ($10.09)
      MP [color:#C00000]Hero ($2.45)[/color]
      MP Villain1 ($2)
      CO-1 ($13.33)
      CO ($8.91)

Preflop: Hero is in MP with 9 :spade: 9 :heart:
      1 fold, Villain3 calls 0.10, Hero raises to 0.40, Villain1 calls 0.40, 4 folds, Villain2 calls 0.30, Villain3 calls 0.30.

Flop (1.65) 4 :diamond: 2 :spade: A :club:
      Villain2 checks, Villain3 checks, Hero ???

What are my options here?

According to SSS, I should fold (99 became a trash with the A on the flop).

Still I know Villain2 is a calling station. I don't have reads on the other Villains.
      The board is straigth drawy, but I cannot put the Villains (except maybe Villain2 who calls with almost any hand) on hands that low.
      My only risks are an A with probably a low kicker (or else I would have been re-raised I think), low pairs, or maybe some connected figures (QJ+).

Should I conti-bet and fold if I get resistance or just check/fold ???
  • 4 replies
    • Yoghi
      Against 3 it's an easy c/f I think. There's a big chance somebody has an ace, also raise to $0.50 preflop.
    • russo79
      And if I follow the strategy, I know it is the good move.

Still, I am "99%" sure that if Villain2 has nothing, it will fold any bet here!
      Villain3 checked just before, so I don't think he has an ace, since his kicker would probably be a bad one, and you don't play top pair bad kicker passively

So I really only am against Villain1, and if I only have one oponent, I should conti-bet.
      Maybe just half-pot.

At least then I would know if there are any strong hands (the other ones would probably fold), and act accordingly.

What do you think?
    • drachdudek
      I would do c-bet and if reraised i would fold...
    • xylere
      ugly one, I don`t think it is playable against 3 opponents, definately not. And don`t always consider check as a sign of weakness here. It is common practice in NL holdem to check OOP to the pre-flop raiser regardless of the hand's trenght.

Besides, the Ace hand will show up on the flop anyway and you will have good position to watch the show. If the last guy raises, you will be last to act.