Calling with medium hands against all-ins

• YinYangS
      YinYangS
      Bronze
      On turbo tournaments, how much would you risk to win?

I usually encounter these kind of situations involving hands 44 - JJ.

I now use Super HUD.

------------

Situation 1 - Hands 44 - 99

All players fold before me, I raise with these pockets, then in front of me, someone pushes with his stack that would usually bust or cripple me.

At best, I would be on a flip coin against two overcards. At worst, I'm dominated by a higher pocket pair.

During what situations would I call? What should the stats of the player be so that it's plus EV to call? (VPIP, PFR, TAF)

-----

Situation 2 - Hands 99 - JJ

All players fold before me, I raise with these medium pockets, then in front of me, two players push all-in with stacks that would cripple or bust me.

At best, they are both overcards, and I'm a slight favorite to win. At worst, one of them is an overpair.

During what situations would I call? What should the stats of the player be so that it's plus EV to call? (VPIP, PFR, TAF)

-----

Situation 3 - Hand AK

All players fold before me, I raise with AK, then in front of me, two players push all-in with stacks that would cripple or bust me.

At best, it's a flip coin against small pockets. At worst, one of them is AA or KK.

-----

Situation 4 - Hand KQ

All players fold before me, I raise with KQ, then in front of me, someone pushes with his stack that would usually bust or cripple me.

At best, it's a flip coin against a smaller pocket. At worst, the player is Ax, QQ+.

-----

Situation 5 - Hand A2 to A9

I'm on BB, all players fold, player at button pushes all in, with stack that would cripple me, late stages of the tournament.

At best, he is below Kx. At worst, he has a better Ax or a pocket that dominates me.

-----------------------

I would appreciate your humble advises. :f_biggrin:

• 3 replies