• 11 replies
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      I think no. :)
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      ofc it is. you need to know what ur doing though. I wouldn't attempt it unless you have 35k+ hands under your belt in standard games with a good winrate.
    • AleksandarPPA
      AleksandarPPA
      Bronze
      wait u call "rush poker" a poker ? THATS FUNNY! :s_mad: :s_mad:
    • Kodark
      Kodark
      Bronze
      I play rush. Once you have played rush for 30k or so hands without touching normal it is fucking hard to go back. i 2 table rush but when i play normal cash games i try to 4 table and it is sooooo boring.

Anyways i have a few questions about certain situations.

How do i deal with the following

If i hold 55-JJ and raise 3bb in early to middle position. and am 3 bet.
      Is it just if the total amount to call is less than 1/15 of the smallest stack between me and my opponent i make the call?

Also if i raise AQ in middle position and face a 3bet how should i respond. I usually muck A10o if 3 bet and call with A10s+
      AJ is another one do i fold this to 3bet in FR or call.
      Rush is slighly different really as most of the time you are being 3bet you are against JJ-AA and AK
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AleksandarPPA
      wait u call "rush poker" a poker ? THATS FUNNY! :s_mad: :s_mad:
      Only someone that can't win at Rush can make this statement. :f_biggrin:
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kodark
      I play rush. Once you have played rush for 30k or so hands without touching normal it is fucking hard to go back. i 2 table rush but when i play normal cash games i try to 4 table and it is sooooo boring.

Is it just if the total amount to call is less than 1/15 of the smallest stack between me and my opponent i make the call?

Also if i raise AQ in middle position and face a 3bet how should i respond. I usually muck A10o if 3 bet and call with A10s+
      Rush is slighly different really as most of the time you are being 3bet you are against JJ-AA and AK
      About 55-JJ facing a 3bet - it's better to take a deeper look at the situation and your opponent. Is he a nit who 3bets only premiums? If yes, then it's definitely worth a call even if you have to call pretty big amount, say 1/11 or 1/12 of the effective stack. But if for example he is aggro player who likes to play his position - your pocket pair has much less value, because you're probably gonna win just a small pot if you hit your set - not worth all these money you waste when missed a set.

About AQ vs 3bet - it's easy fold, unless it's a resteal situation vs LAG opponent. And even if he resteals but has a position advantage - fold is better option than calling imho.
      AJ is even easier fold.
      And AT is super easy fold, no matter if it's suited.
    • Kodark
      Kodark
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bliausmas

About 55-JJ facing a 3bet - it's better to take a deeper look at the situation and your opponent. Is he a nit who 3bets only premiums? If yes, then it's definitely worth a call even if you have to call pretty big amount, say 1/11 or 1/12 of the effective stack. But if for example he is aggro player who likes to play his position - your pocket pair has much less value, because you're probably gonna win just a small pot if you hit your set - not worth all these money you waste when missed a set.

About AQ vs 3bet - it's easy fold, unless it's a resteal situation vs LAG opponent. And even if he resteals but has a position advantage - fold is better option than calling imho.
      AJ is even easier fold.

Ok but sometimes it can be hard to identify a players "animal type" in rush poker as you have about 400 players in the pool or something.

Also i have called 3bets and seen the opponent have AQ AJs and even A10s before. And if you think about it if there is 1 raiser and 1 caller for 3bb and you 3bet to 10bb with AQs you are getting decent fold equity as too often your opponents are going to put you on QQ-AA or AK. And even if you are called you arnt in a terrible state because if you hit A on flop you can bet if opponent has AA then unlucky but he would have most likely 4bet PF. And if you dont hit an A on the Flop and your opponent leads into you you can get away from the hand easily.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bliausmas

AJ is even easier fold.

Ok but sometimes it can be hard to identify a players "animal type" in rush poker as you have about 400 players in the pool or something.

That's why we use the HUD.

Also i have called 3bets and seen the opponent have AQ AJs and even A10s before. And if you think about it if there is 1 raiser and 1 caller for 3bb and you 3bet to 10bb with AQs you are getting decent fold equity as too often your opponents are going to put you on QQ-AA or AK. And even if you are called you arnt in a terrible state because if you hit A on flop you can bet if opponent has AA then unlucky but he would have most likely 4bet PF. And if you dont hit an A on the Flop and your opponent leads into you you can get away from the hand easily.
      There is a very big difference between calling 3bet and 3betting yourself. 3bet is very strong move, calling 3bet is weak. Yes, you'll see players 3betting vs late position raisers pretty often, but it doesn't make 3bet calls profitable. If you want to make your move +EV, imho you should have at least two of these three: good hand, position, initiative. If you call 3bet - you don't have initiative and it's very likely your hand isn't good enough. If you don't have position also - you're pretty much doomed. + the pot is already big preflop.
    • Mako2d2f
      Mako2d2f
      Bronze
      rush is evil
    • Kodark
      Kodark
      Bronze
      nah. FTP poker academy says treat it like normal tables. But its wrong. You have to adjust to rush but it is good for rake and $$$
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      play like an aggro nit win some money

prepare for epic tilt

have fun gg