[NL2-NL10] JJ - Calling 3bet!?

• mineriva
      mineriva
      Bronze
      Firstly, srry but for some reason I could not get this hand converted. I kept getting an error:

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($1.81)
      BB ($1.58)
      UTG ($5.47)
      Hero ($2.07)
      UTG+2 ($15.84)
      MP1 ($5.02)
      MP2 ($4.84)
      CO ($8.94)
      BTN ($7.62)

Dealt to Hero J:diamond: J:club:

fold, Hero raises to $0.15, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, BB raises to $0.25, Hero calls $0.10

FLOP ($0.52) 8:spade: 7:diamond: 9:heart:

BB bets $0.15, Hero calls $0.15

TURN ($0.82) 8:spade: 7:diamond: 9:heart: A:heart:

BB bets $0.25, Hero folds

BB wins $0.77

What I was thinking:

Preflop JJ is a clear open raise. When BB min 3bets I call because I thought I am getting 4.5:1 potodds and about 16:1 implied odds so setmining is clearly on.

On the Flop I have a gutshot and overpair. I did not believe that Villian hit the flop as I put him on the following range : QQ+ and AK or Possibly AQs. Villian makes another small c-bet. I believed I had to much equity to fold. I believed that should I raise then I would isolate myself agains the stronger part of his range because he would ship QQ+ and fold the rest. So I called.

On the turn: With the Ace comming I believed I am behind his whole range and I did not think I could bluff him off so I fold.

Badly played?
  • 3 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey mineriva,

Calling preflop when getting minraised is fine.

On the flop I would definitely raise his small c-bet. You have an overpair and a GS, which would be enough for me to go broke here. I don't think his range will be JJ+/AK only. That range would be a range of some good player, but good player will never just minraise you preflop therefore I believe his range will be quite wider.

If you think his range really is very tight then I like postflop as played.

Best regards,
      burek2000
    • mineriva
      mineriva
      Bronze
      Ty burek2000.

The reason why I give him credit is because in my experience on the micros a fish will open minraise with junk (to avoid calling a raise) but a fish making a min 3 bet means he wants action == big hand.

dont know if other people agree
    • biogas
      biogas
      Gold
      Originally posted by mineriva
      Ty burek2000.

The reason why I give him credit is because in my experience on the micros a fish will open minraise with junk (to avoid calling a raise) but a fish making a min 3 bet means he wants action == big hand.

dont know if other people agree
      Cant agree more with the 3bet part. Min 3bet ussually KK+.