Players per flop stat at different sites (Official release, results are in: you'll shit bricks...)

• fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      I mainly play at Microgaming and 888, also other rooms from time to time. I've noticed that in Microgaming lobby Players per Flop (P/F) percentages are remarkably higher for SH games than in other rooms (40-60% vs 30%), but when I open the tables and play for a while my Poker Tracker shows lower or about the same table average VPIP (25-30).

I know that these two stats are not directly connected, but there should be quite a strong correlation between them, no? Right now I sit at a Microgaming table, I have played around 100 hands there, the VPIP has been in range of 20-25 but in lobby the P/F stat remains between 45-50. That doesnt seem right.

I'm wondering what's the reason for this...
  • 11 replies
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      I also always wondered what is wrong with these stats..

The thing is(or at least i think so) the % shown is an average/certain amount of hands.. It could be that Hem/PT3 is using different amount of hands to make the average %.

But who knows :D
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      Yes but if we compare different sites, e.g Microgaming and 888 we see that Microgaming has way higher P/F values on average, although 888 is one of the fishiest sites out there.

At 888 players usually have higher average VPIP values than at Microgaming, but P/F values at the lobby are lower than in Microgaming... Weird stuff.

VPIP = Microgaming < 888
      P/F= Microgaming > 888 (way higher)
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Yea weird stuff indeed...

Maybe they just want their games to look juicy to attract more players =)
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JuiceQuadre
      Yea weird stuff indeed...

Maybe they just want their games to look juicy to attract more players =)
      Yea, plrs/flop % was the reason I ever deposited on microgaming. :f_biggrin:
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fuzzyfish
      They don't average in hands that end pre-flop.
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tokyoaces
      They don't average in hands that end pre-flop.
      Sry kinda lost you there ?(
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      Anyways, I decided to take it to the whole new level and check the numbers manually, by counting players on flop and calculating the average P/F (lol). Microgaming support said that the P/F is shown on the last 40 hands. So here are the results.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    • zamoda
      zamoda
      Bronze
      the way they calculate average stack in tournaments (atleast at unibet flash client)

Average stack = (biggest stack + smallest stack) / 2 (lol, is it that hard for them to count chips in play and divide by players remaining)
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      In your spreadsheet remove all of the lines that were 0% and see what you get ...
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tokyoaces
      In your spreadsheet remove all of the lines that were 0% and see what you get ...
      39%

Almost there.

So they count out the hands that don't make it to the flop? That makes sense actually. That's why there's never any SH tables with P/F under 33%.

LOL @ Microgaming
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      Include taxes :D