This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Players per flop stat at different sites (Official release, results are in: you'll shit bricks...)

• fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      I mainly play at Microgaming and 888, also other rooms from time to time. I've noticed that in Microgaming lobby Players per Flop (P/F) percentages are remarkably higher for SH games than in other rooms (40-60% vs 30%), but when I open the tables and play for a while my Poker Tracker shows lower or about the same table average VPIP (25-30).

I know that these two stats are not directly connected, but there should be quite a strong correlation between them, no? Right now I sit at a Microgaming table, I have played around 100 hands there, the VPIP has been in range of 20-25 but in lobby the P/F stat remains between 45-50. That doesnt seem right.

I'm wondering what's the reason for this...
  • 11 replies
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      I also always wondered what is wrong with these stats..

The thing is(or at least i think so) the % shown is an average/certain amount of hands.. It could be that Hem/PT3 is using different amount of hands to make the average %.

But who knows :D
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      Yes but if we compare different sites, e.g Microgaming and 888 we see that Microgaming has way higher P/F values on average, although 888 is one of the fishiest sites out there.

At 888 players usually have higher average VPIP values than at Microgaming, but P/F values at the lobby are lower than in Microgaming... Weird stuff.

VPIP = Microgaming < 888
      P/F= Microgaming > 888 (way higher)
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Yea weird stuff indeed...

Maybe they just want their games to look juicy to attract more players =)
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JuiceQuadre
      Yea weird stuff indeed...

Maybe they just want their games to look juicy to attract more players =)
      Yea, plrs/flop % was the reason I ever deposited on microgaming. :f_biggrin:
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fuzzyfish
      They don't average in hands that end pre-flop.
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tokyoaces
      They don't average in hands that end pre-flop.
      Sry kinda lost you there ?(
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      Anyways, I decided to take it to the whole new level and check the numbers manually, by counting players on flop and calculating the average P/F (lol). Microgaming support said that the P/F is shown on the last 40 hands. So here are the results.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    • zamoda
      zamoda
      Bronze
      the way they calculate average stack in tournaments (atleast at unibet flash client)

Average stack = (biggest stack + smallest stack) / 2 (lol, is it that hard for them to count chips in play and divide by players remaining)
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      In your spreadsheet remove all of the lines that were 0% and see what you get ...
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tokyoaces
      In your spreadsheet remove all of the lines that were 0% and see what you get ...
      39%

Almost there.

So they count out the hands that don't make it to the flop? That makes sense actually. That's why there's never any SH tables with P/F under 33%.

LOL @ Microgaming
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      Include taxes :D