just checking

• altkiki
      altkiki
      Bronze
      hey,

i play only sng's, on low limits right now, and i keep hearing more and more people complaining about the highstakes sng's. that there are to hard to beat, that there are alllready to many regullars and u get smaller and smaller edge, and therefor that it doesn't worth the effort to learn that much to aim for the high stakes sng ($50 and above). is this true? i mean are they THAT many regs, and if so, aren't any other improved strategies to beat those regs?

in short, does it worth the effort to learn the game that well to aim for high stakes sng or not?

i would appreciate any high stakes sng players oppinion

ty
  • 3 replies
    • Lanxani
      Lanxani
      Bronze
      Hey,

It is true that the higher buy in is, the more regs and the smaller your edge and ROI will be.

Table selection and note taking is key to trying to maintain an edge at these levels because playing on a table with lots of regs obviously reduces your edge

In terms of strategy for playing against regs you can afford to play a bit looser early on with high implied odds hands because if they are regular multi tabling grinders then they are likely to only be playing strong hands early on which can be hard to get away from if you hit a hidden monster (set etc.). However try and avoid playing pots with them for the most part.

Also in the middle stages the regs will be stealing light, so if you have the right stack size (15-20 bbs) then you can jam ott as their range of calling hands will be small.

Its always worth learning the game and trying to improve even if you aren't planning on moving up limits as you can always move to cash games.

Gl :)
    • altkiki
      altkiki
      Bronze
      thanks, do you also play NL? what limits? is at the NL different storry at the high stakes than sng's ?
    • Lanxani
      Lanxani
      Bronze
      Naa i ground at like NL25-50 the main difference is that cash is much harder to 8-10 table and i found it was much higher varience than SnGs

Also with cash even if there's only one fish at the table its still easy to make a profit