This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

first time deposit bonus

• JazBenz
      JazBenz
      Bronze
      Hey guys, I am thinking about making my first deposit on FTP. I plan to deposit between $300 and $500 - but before I do that I wanted to know what cash game limit I would have to grind and if playing the bonus would be in accordance with good bankroll management.

For example, if I deposited $200 and played NL10 - would grinding those tables make enough points to finish the bonus in time?

I'd like to hear from people's experiences regarding making a first big deposit and are there different increments where parts of the bonus are released?

Thanks in advance!
  • 11 replies
    • jeangab123
      jeangab123
      Bronze
      It's tuned so you have to rake twice as much as they give.
      I deposited 75$ so, so i have to make 1800 FTP to get 100% of my bonus, within 4 months (meaning i raked roughly 180$)

So , say, if you deposit 200$ you'll have to rake more or less 400$ -> ~4000 FTPs which is easily done in 4 months at nl10.
      You get points for every hands you got dealt (no need to get involved). It's really easily done!
      I personnaly cleared my bonus in 3 weeks @ FL20 because the average pot is much bigger for your bankroll (sure the big pots are less extreme but it rarely is 15 cents either, seing how FL is a post-flop game)
    • JazBenz
      JazBenz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jeangab123
      I deposited 75$ so, so i have to make 1800 FTP to get 100% of my bonus, within 4 months (meaning i raked roughly 180$)

So , say, if you deposit 200$ you'll have to rake more or less 400$ -> ~4000 FTPs which is easily done in 4 months at nl10.
      You get points for every hands you got dealt (no need to get involved). It's really easily done!
      I personnaly cleared my bonus in 3 weeks @ FL20 because the average pot is much bigger for your bankroll (sure the big pots are less extreme but it rarely is 15 cents either, seing how FL is a post-flop game)
      hey thanks for the info, so the time limit for bonuses is pretty good? 120 days? so 33 points a day in NL10 is easy? whats that, like 2 hrs a day or less?
    • jeangab123
      jeangab123
      Bronze
      I dont know about this since I grind FL only. I guess that's easy if you multi-table a bit (4-5 tables or so)
    • JazBenz
      JazBenz
      Bronze
      I dont know about this since I grind FL only. I guess that's easy if you multi-table a bit (4-5 tables or so)
      yeah was gonna play at least 4 tables anyway, so in FL, you can never raise, can you only bet the whole time?
    • jeangab123
      jeangab123
      Bronze
      Of course you can raise, but for a fixed amount that caps at 4 bets on each street.

http://www.online-poker-rules.net/limit-vs-no-limit.shtml

(Sorry couldnt find an article explaining the betting structure on pokerstrategy.com).
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JazBenz

hey thanks for the info, so the time limit for bonuses is pretty good? 120 days? so 33 points a day in NL10 is easy? whats that, like 2 hrs a day or less?
      HI JazBenz

to give you an idea, I 8 tables NL10 and average jsut over 50ftps an hour

Regards

Thazar
    • JazBenz
      JazBenz
      Bronze
      thank you :)
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      I thought it was 2.5x, like if you clear 100$ you have to clear 250$ for it.

While you're clearing you still get a percentage of the "normal" 27% rakeback so while you're clearing the FDB you get roughtly 56% rakeback + ironman bonusses.

Also check this: FDB comparison
    • JazBenz
      JazBenz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by viewer88
      I thought it was 2.5x, like if you clear 100$ you have to clear 250$ for it.

While you're clearing you still get a percentage of the "normal" 27% rakeback so while you're clearing the FDB you get roughtly 56% rakeback + ironman bonusses.

Also check this: FDB comparison
      The 56% rakeback sounds awesome! thanks for the info!
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      Yeah it's fantastic, I'm clearing it at the moment aswell and it's just sick how much rakeback you recieve :f_love:
    • JazBenz
      JazBenz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by viewer88
      Yeah it's fantastic, I'm clearing it at the moment aswell and it's just sick how much rakeback you recieve :f_love:
      been playing NL10 at partypoker past 2 days, down 5 buy-ins - ran so bad, but the rakeback Id get from FTP I could really use right now lol... so Ill move to FTP as soon as part of my bankroll cash out at party has been approved, maybe at FTP I wont lose with AA all the time against people hitting 2 outters (so sick past 2 days lol)