first time deposit bonus

• JazBenz
      JazBenz
      Bronze
      Hey guys, I am thinking about making my first deposit on FTP. I plan to deposit between $300 and $500 - but before I do that I wanted to know what cash game limit I would have to grind and if playing the bonus would be in accordance with good bankroll management.

For example, if I deposited $200 and played NL10 - would grinding those tables make enough points to finish the bonus in time?

I'd like to hear from people's experiences regarding making a first big deposit and are there different increments where parts of the bonus are released?

Thanks in advance!
  • 11 replies
    • jeangab123
      jeangab123
      Bronze
      It's tuned so you have to rake twice as much as they give.
      I deposited 75$ so, so i have to make 1800 FTP to get 100% of my bonus, within 4 months (meaning i raked roughly 180$)

So , say, if you deposit 200$ you'll have to rake more or less 400$ -> ~4000 FTPs which is easily done in 4 months at nl10.
      You get points for every hands you got dealt (no need to get involved). It's really easily done!
      I personnaly cleared my bonus in 3 weeks @ FL20 because the average pot is much bigger for your bankroll (sure the big pots are less extreme but it rarely is 15 cents either, seing how FL is a post-flop game)
    • JazBenz
      JazBenz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jeangab123
      I deposited 75$ so, so i have to make 1800 FTP to get 100% of my bonus, within 4 months (meaning i raked roughly 180$)

So , say, if you deposit 200$ you'll have to rake more or less 400$ -> ~4000 FTPs which is easily done in 4 months at nl10.
      You get points for every hands you got dealt (no need to get involved). It's really easily done!
      I personnaly cleared my bonus in 3 weeks @ FL20 because the average pot is much bigger for your bankroll (sure the big pots are less extreme but it rarely is 15 cents either, seing how FL is a post-flop game)
      hey thanks for the info, so the time limit for bonuses is pretty good? 120 days? so 33 points a day in NL10 is easy? whats that, like 2 hrs a day or less?
    • jeangab123
      jeangab123
      Bronze
      I dont know about this since I grind FL only. I guess that's easy if you multi-table a bit (4-5 tables or so)
    • JazBenz
      JazBenz
      Bronze
      I dont know about this since I grind FL only. I guess that's easy if you multi-table a bit (4-5 tables or so)
      yeah was gonna play at least 4 tables anyway, so in FL, you can never raise, can you only bet the whole time?
    • jeangab123
      jeangab123
      Bronze
      Of course you can raise, but for a fixed amount that caps at 4 bets on each street.

http://www.online-poker-rules.net/limit-vs-no-limit.shtml

(Sorry couldnt find an article explaining the betting structure on pokerstrategy.com).
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JazBenz

hey thanks for the info, so the time limit for bonuses is pretty good? 120 days? so 33 points a day in NL10 is easy? whats that, like 2 hrs a day or less?
      HI JazBenz

to give you an idea, I 8 tables NL10 and average jsut over 50ftps an hour

Regards

Thazar
    • JazBenz
      JazBenz
      Bronze
      thank you :)
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      I thought it was 2.5x, like if you clear 100$ you have to clear 250$ for it.

While you're clearing you still get a percentage of the "normal" 27% rakeback so while you're clearing the FDB you get roughtly 56% rakeback + ironman bonusses.

Also check this: FDB comparison
    • JazBenz
      JazBenz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by viewer88
      I thought it was 2.5x, like if you clear 100$ you have to clear 250$ for it.

While you're clearing you still get a percentage of the "normal" 27% rakeback so while you're clearing the FDB you get roughtly 56% rakeback + ironman bonusses.

Also check this: FDB comparison
      The 56% rakeback sounds awesome! thanks for the info!
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      Yeah it's fantastic, I'm clearing it at the moment aswell and it's just sick how much rakeback you recieve :f_love:
    • JazBenz
      JazBenz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by viewer88
      Yeah it's fantastic, I'm clearing it at the moment aswell and it's just sick how much rakeback you recieve :f_love:
      been playing NL10 at partypoker past 2 days, down 5 buy-ins - ran so bad, but the rakeback Id get from FTP I could really use right now lol... so Ill move to FTP as soon as part of my bankroll cash out at party has been approved, maybe at FTP I wont lose with AA all the time against people hitting 2 outters (so sick past 2 days lol)