This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

SH Player type stats

• adamxavier1
      adamxavier1
      Bronze
      Hey Guys

I have recently (well about a week ago). Made the switch from FR to SH. I have been a big believer and user of player stats to identify my villians. When playing FR I had analyzed the pre and post flop stats of villians and have color coded them (via pokerstars). This was a great tool as I mass multi table, which I found the colour coding to be a quicker means at least pre flop to make some decisions.

My set up was - VPIP - 0-5 , PFR - 0-5 (tight passive) Blue
      - VPIP - 5-10, PFR-5-10(Tight, nittish) Green]
      -VPIP- 10-19 PFR- 10-19 (TAG, similar to my stats)-Yellow
      -VPIP- 20-25 PFR-0-5 (Looge passive)-Purple
      -VPIP-25-30+ PFR-20-30+(Donkish)-Pink

Of course there are other variants and other stats I take in to account. Obviously I have changed colour coding after sessions, and after larger sample sizes on villians.

I want to start a new color coding for 6-MAX, however I am having some difficulty devising different player types, as the dynamics are different and also the play more aggressive.

Can anyone share some advise, on how I should be using villian stats to correspond to different player types (ie, TAG, LAG, Donk etc)?
  • 4 replies
    • Hajler
      Hajler
      Bronze
      Hello,

I don't play SH but google showed up with this thread which seems to have some good guidelines.

Just incase you decide to return to playing FR, I would like to point out that your groupings are not very realistic. Even the nittiest nut peddlers aren't playing with less than 5 VPIP, and your 10-20 group has lumped together the main types of regulars you will encounter - nits, TAGs, and sLAGs.

Hope it helps.
    • adamxavier1
      adamxavier1
      Bronze
      thanks for the response. I have actually found a decent number of villians playing 4/3 etc. seemed odd to see this but believe it or not i have seen it. Not sure what you mean by 10-20 as i have seperate groupings for each. what i have found that most playing 20/20+ tender to be LAG is. While those at say 15/13 are more of a TAG. Again the post was very vanilia and there is more to it than that. My main point was getting a feel for this for SH
    • m3ta
      m3ta
      Bronze
      Personally I dont have color codings for lags tags etc.
      My color coding represents what I think of the player.
      :diamond: Red - Good Reg (I dont want to have him to my left ) - No edge
      :diamond: Yellow - Medicore Reg (I dont mind having up to 3 of those at my table if there is a big fish)- Small or almost no edge
      :diamond:P urple -Bad Reg - I def have a Edge and can exploite him in various spots.
      :diamond: Blue Fish - Huge Edge

I think this is actually more useful than a color coding for very specific player types, as the stats tell u anyway how someone plays. TAG or LAG coding doesnt help u at all as u can see this by simply looking at VPIP PFR and 3bet.

But the coding I use will even help u tabelselecting ;)
    • adamxavier1
      adamxavier1
      Bronze
      Thanks. I like using the colour coding more as a way for quick reference as I mass multi table. It gives me a quick idea for things such as stealing (against rocks) or 3 betting/Cold calling (mainiacs). It is by no means my definitive method for playing or even table selecting, just more of a quick reference. I will make other notes, such as who open limps and what not. I just find that for me to make a quick glance at a color is sometimes easier than to glance at stats. If I see a villian with 5/5 (blue) I can pound on his blinds.