[NL2-NL10] AK suited. NL5.

• GraveGoods
      Is my pre flop action wrong here? Should I have 3bet or pushed? Why, if so?

I've got a feeling I should have pushed but I'm not really sure and I don't really understand why. ?( Is that a really dumb question? You should always try and get all the money in with AK, right?

Thanks for all the help btw, I was leaking chips and I've just made profit over a 1000 hand session for the first time! 1.3bb/100, but a profit nonetheless! :D

Known players:

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:club: , K:club:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.25, 2 folds, CO calls $0.25, BU raises to $0.75, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.50, CO folds.

Flop: ($1.87) 7:diamond: , 6:spade: , 5:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($1.87) 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.5, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.87
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello GraveGoods,

Preflop: Nah, I wouldn't 4bet-broke here. His 3bet range is pretty strong and at the best we might get a coinflip. He will usually just shove himself with some kind of higher PPs there against which we might even not get that great equity. Therefore taking the odds and just Calling shouldn't be that big mistake. Against some nits I sometimes even fold it.

As played
      Postflop: Not much to do, I would rather as well Check/Fold it than try anything fancy.

Best regards.