Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

UTG ($69.10)
      CO ($51.15)
      BTN ($50.35)
      SB ($69.85)
      Hero (BB) ($50)

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 5 players) Hero is BB K:club: 4:club:
      3 folds, SB raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $4.50, SB calls $3

Flop: 9:heart: A:diamond: 5:club: ($9, 2 players)
      SB bets $5, Hero calls $5

Turn: Q:club: ($19, 2 players)
      SB bets $12, Hero calls $12

River: 8:diamond: ($43, 2 players)
      SB bets $17, Hero folds

I just sat down at the table, 0 hands with villain. Wanted to start strong and make aggresive image so I 3bet. He donks flop, seemed weird so i decided to peel with 2 backdoors. He bets turn, which makes me think he's not joking. Not sure if he has set or just playing with his ace. Picked up FD so I decided to call and shove any river. He bets 17 into 43, leaving ~13 behind, I fold.

I know this might sound crazy, but do I have FEq there? :D I was really considering shoving there, but decided that I paid him enough already.

How awful was that? Is there any reasoning behind my play or was it just pure "I'm stuck, let's make some monies" play?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      I´d fold on the flop. if 2 or 3 comes you can´t really call again his turn bet and people usually not betting into Axx boards especially with air.
      if you don´t think you don´t have any fold equity then just calling turn is fine. Also your K high might be good at some times.
      Folding river is fine. He would b/c there with his aces and don´t really expect him to 3-barrel there smt like KJ