Stacks:
      UTG ($19.30)
      UTG+1 ($52.80)
      CO ($90.25)
      Hero (BTN) ($68)
      SB ($72.10)
      BB ($71.75)

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 6 players) Hero is BTN A:diamond: K:diamond:
      1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $1.50, 1 fold, Hero raises to $4.50, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls $3

Flop: 7:spade: 10:heart: 5:spade: ($9.75, 2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

Turn: K:club: ($9.75, 2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $6, UTG+1 raises to $17, Hero ??

24/21 fold to 3bet 57%, fold to cbet in 3bet pot 33%

I flop nothing, only 1 backdoor, he doesn't fold to cbets so I check back.
      What the heck is he doing on the turn?
      Should I bet or check behind? What can he have? What to do now/river?
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Shove doesn´t really make a lot of sense, since he is either bluffing there or more often has your AK beat. He would not really c/r turn his KJ/KQ thinking you now have to b/f your AK.
      So I´d call and either call him down or fold to river shove.
      There are not too many hands that beat you: 55/77/TT, sometimes also AA/KK, so I would consider calling him down on blank river card especially when he doesn´t like to fold and can make moves
    • HELLutek
      HELLutek
      Gold
      I've seen line he took few times, do people play sets like that? It looks really bluffy, but I think it's great line to get value. Flop gets checked, turn brings OC that might hit me, so he checks so he can c/r and shove river. And if it doesn't hit me, I might try to bluff it and he gets one free bet.

PS. He was bluffing.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HELLutek
      I've seen line he took few times, do people play sets like that? It looks really bluffy, but I think it's great line to get value. Flop gets checked, turn brings OC that might hit me, so he checks so he can c/r and shove river. And if it doesn't hit me, I might try to bluff it and he gets one free bet.

PS. He was bluffing.
      some people would c/r there with sets or two pairs since they expect you to bet turn with everything and at the same time they don´t expect you to raise turn with AK if they lead to you with set.
      But generally I think mostly they should lead you on the turn, since board is drawy and they don´t want to give you free card+ get more money in the pot with strong hand