This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Pushing in RUSH MTT's

• andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      Hey guys, i want to ask you what's your strategy for pushing in MTT's and what do you think about mine (4$ and 10$ rush).

I push like in a SNG until the antes kick in.

If there are antes i consider the blinds to be 50%+ higher then they actually are and push like in a SNG. For example, if they are 200/400 with antes (adding to almost 400) i consider the "real blinds" are 300/600 or a little more.

If someone goes all in, i exclude thinking about the antes when calling, so that i can call tighter, knowing that fish generally push tight. For example, if someone is pushing from the SB blinds 200/400 + antes and i have 4000 effective stack i would call as if i have 10BB, not 6BB. But if i'm pushing with my 4000 stack from SB i would push as if i have 6BB.

When thinking about bubble factors i generally consider that they are:
      - 1.2 at the beginning of the tournament;
      - 1.5 at the middle - around the time antes kick in;
      - 1.8 close or on the bubble;
      - 1.5 after the bubble;

This strategy has rarely left me with less then a 10BB "fake blinds" in a rush mtt, but i have no clue how optimal is it since if i push with almost 20 "fake blinds" i have doubts about getting called by a worse hand.
  • 1 reply
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      A lot of it depends on what your steal is for. Like say you got 88 and 15 true bb its better to push at lower limits since u likley dont get restealed by worse - ofc depends which pos etc. Generally if you got hand that has dec eq v calling range I prefer to shove if like early-mid pos (not too early). But like monster ofc minraise to induce

So much of this is situational - post some examples of spots u have trouble in.