this site is a joke

• beth86
      beth86
      Global
      why the heck do you have to waste your time on a quiz to get a no deposit bonus, yes i agree it explains to you most things about poker, but i dont play like this, are you trying to teach every newbie how to play your way, its a joke every one plays different so i dont see the point in this,
      yes i failed the first time after wasting 1 hours of my time but i play different and put in my way of playing obvious the answers were wrong to your , i think there better sites that this with less hassel,
      so i think il go else where good bye ..
  • 38 replies
    • ricardo132
      ricardo132
      Bronze
      Ok, if you are taking the test you are suposed to be a newb, so you are suposed to don't understand a "shit" about poker. So there is a point in telling why how much % of your BR you should invest in each game. If you already understand about this and if you already have your "own way of playing" then GTFO and don't do the exam. BTW i supose if u don't follow these test rules you'll end up losing all your money.

The End
    • beth86
      beth86
      Global
      you dont know shhit about me so dont even judge me,
      newbie to this site not poker, i know alot about bankroll management,
      but all this test is BS to brainwash you,
      so they want you play like this,
      like i said b4 every1 plays different
      3x bet 4x bet 5x bet only can play serten hand in that posstion full of crap half of the test is nonsence ,
      any way and il just go else where to a no deposit bonus,
      alot easyer, did tom durrrr dwan fooking play like this no...........
    • farrellwi
      farrellwi
      Bronze
      I have no complaints. This is probably one of the better sites out there. If it was a joke there wouldn't be that many registered members here.
      I followed there strategys and turned my 50$ into $250 but then got greedy and ignored BRM and lost it all. Totally my fault!

Now because, I can't deposit from Israel, I'm spending my time reviewing articles and sessions I played to lear nfrom my mistakes. When the opportunity arrives to fund my account again I'll be a much better player.

Just cause u didn't pass the test - doesn't mean u have to blame the site. suck up your pride and learn, it'll reward you in the end.

if you want to pass the quiz a tip is to follow the articles. it takes 20 minutes max even with bad English. Open all the articles in seperate windows and the starting hands chart. Each question relates to certain articles and all you have to do is go to the text and find them.

Once you read the text to find the answer you're gonna learn the strategy anyway whether you want to or not.

That's my 2 cents.
    • IIJonasII
      IIJonasII
      Bronze
      Why you need 50 free if you know how play winning poker? Just play and make money...
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Puzzles me. If you do know a lot about poker, you have your own way of playing and it works, you have nothing to learn from a site like this and its content... why do you need the free starting capital in the first place?

I mean... with a bit of poker skills you can deposit $20 (which any over 18 should have) to any poker room and work it to the $50 in a weekend.

Especially if you are comparing yourself with Durrr. Then it should take you a couple of hours - i.e., less time than it would take to answer the quiz in the first place.
    • lynius
      lynius
      Bronze
      Originally posted by beth86
      only can play serten hand in that posstion
      Besides the fact that position does matter, the quiz is super easy to pass, heck, you can even look up the answers whilst doing it. I mean, honestly, how did it take you more than three attempts?
    • Andyuk18
      Andyuk18
      Bronze
      The quiz is meant for absolute beginners to give them a basic understanding of the game and keep them out of trouble as they learn the game properly. Of course as you get more experience you will stop using the hand chart.

They give you $50 for free so a short and easy quiz which even tells you where to find the answer is not too much to ask don't you think? Obviously you are extremely slow and stupid as it took you 1 hour to complete the quiz with the answers staring at you. Learn to structure your writing. Dumbass.
    • sindeon
      sindeon
      Bronze

We´ll miss you... :f_cry:
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      you dont know shhit about me so dont even judge me,
      Actually, according to what you posted you don't know shit about poker so we're in our full right to judge you.

3x bet 4x bet 5x bet only can play serten hand in that posstion full of crap half of the test is nonsence ,
      By saying that you just proved to the entire community that you're a total fish.

alot easyer, did tom durrrr dwan fooking play like this no...........
      ROFL I bet you just finished watching an episode of High Stakes Poker and said to yourself "I could play like this too!"

But seriously mate, learn some humility and accept the fact that you don't know the first thing about how to make money playing poker. The sooner you do that the sooner you can start actually improving your game.
    • Vinyard799
      Vinyard799
      Bronze
      He's just mad because he didn't pass the quiz. :D
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Vinyard799
      Imagine what happens when he/she loses a hand on the table... :s_grin:
    • Helipacter
      Helipacter
      Bronze
      Originally posted by luizsilveira
      Originally posted by Vinyard799
      Imagine what happens when he/she loses a hand on the table... :s_grin:
      I was just about to say the same thing. If OP rages at a training site because they can't pass the test, what are they like when they're 1 outed on the river?

Whilst it's true that PS is the "Scientology" of poker sites, I recommend OP at least looks here, nothing nasty or brainwashing there. Just stay away from the theory articles, as it's all just stupid advice; OP's maverick display of grammar shows that they can break all the rules and still come out a winner - so why do they need a training site in the first place?

Best of luck at the tables :f_thumbsup:

(Edited as the 2nd bit was for OP, and not aimed at other people - sorry for any confusion!)
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Helipacter
      your maverick display of grammar shows that you can break all the rules and still come out a winner - so why do you need a training site?
      Rules are meant to be broken. By intelligent people AFTER they not only learn the rules by heart but WHY they are there for in the first place.

edit: typo
    • karras24
      karras24
      Basic
      Originally posted by sindeon

We´ll miss you... :f_cry:
      1 hour for an old player????
      I passed the quiz less than 10 min....
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hi Beth, whatsup?

Although I understand everybody in the threads grievances I actually have some sympathy for you and agree with a few of the things you say.

Fact – You can win by playing tight

Fact – You can win by playing loose

Fact – You will get destroyed at higher stakes if you play exactly the same all the time

Fact – Poker is all about adjusting to other people therefore you will have to change your bet sizing’s/hand ranges in certain spot.

However as a poker school I think its really important that PS give a good solid, tight aggressive approach to their new players so that they have great fundamentals. After they have enhanced their fundamentals and moved up through the stakes and the statuses they will be able to watch videos/read articles about alternative betting.

For example, the hand chart may say to fold UTG with 77, three months later you may watch a video of an MTT player raising with 23o UTG. Poker is far too complex/interesting a game to say do this, do that, raise here, fold there. However to learn and give you a backbone or ground for success I think the logic PS teaches its members is if not fantastic, very, very solid.

Ok so you may be past the “beginner” stage, it doesn’t mean you should learn and try and pass the quiz, even if it doesn’t help you directly you will be able to see how the “new” or “beginner” players are playing and exploit them in your future games.

GL and smile :)
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Please join my tables OP, I have so much to gain...er sorry...learn from players like you.
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      Im really dont understand some people and how they can be like that.
      I dont understand all that aggressivity and abusive beavhiour. Yes, all us go upset sometime and scream, raise the voice but always in a contest of respect to others.

I keep questioning myself how is possible that we, human being are so primitive and hostile and how we worst our esistence to faight, kill and destroy time and resorce to build dead while we should concentrate and put all our attention to help the part of humanity more weak and vulnerable.

In the end of the day, we are all brother and sister in our Universe, all children of the some mother earth, and instead .... but at one point people like our new friend here remaind me why the aliens doesn't contact us! :D
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi beth86,

Big Welcome to PokerStrategy.com!

I am really sorry to read that you didn't manage to pass our poker quiz, however the good news is that you can try up to 5 times. =)

As you probably noticed, we have a great/friendly community here. Honest and helpful in any topics you might struggle with. To start off this negative is not something we like so much :f_biggrin:

Could we change your mind?

Why don't you give another try and read our strategy articles, pass the quiz and get your free $50 starting capital in your poker account?

I am looking forward to your next post stating "I passed the quiz" and monitor how you become a good poker player.

Don't be afraid to ask
      Ingrid

ps: Thank you Everyone for your contribution :f_love:
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      for somebody who has never read anything about poker they would find the quiz difficult, that doesn't mean they can't play poker.

just read, the answers to the quiz are in the quiz. then if you can get the starting capital you can play how you feel comfortable there is no demands just guidelines. obviously if you can't pass the quiz you need to work on that department? PS is a good place to do that. relax !