moving from FR to SH

• pkrhag
      pkrhag
      Bronze
      I decided to move from FR to SH yesterday and i'm having a lot of trouble adjusting.
      I find myself feeling like i'm leaking a lot of money in the smaller pots, or i would call down in the incorret spots .
      There isn't that many articles on this topic (at least not at the silver level) so i was wondering if any regulars would like to share his wisdom in this regards.
      What did you have the most trouble with when moving from FR to SH, and what did you do to adjust. Did it take a long time?
  • 5 replies
    • terpesheva
      terpesheva
      Bronze
      Hi!

I would also like to hear some advice.

When I switched from FR to SH on 0.5/1 I've experienced a 60BB upswing followed by a drop of about 160BB (mostly due to really bad luck, but I guess tilt also played a part there).
      The players in SH are complete fish but I've decided to go back to FR to work on my hand reading skills.
    • Dawnfall26
      Dawnfall26
      Black
      Hi!

When I started FL seriously(which is after I blew my free 50$ and had to redeposit :) ) I started with SH directly from the start so never had that transition problem.

Looking on it now, my opinion is that its all the same.Its still limit holdem and same rules and strategies apply.Only difference is that ranges are different... as people play more hands.
      This and the fact that you are involved in more hands with same people demands more focus on whats going on at the table...meaning you should play less tables and focus on improving read development.

Beside this you should do the same thing you were doing before...watch vids, analyse your game and try to use forums to answer you dilemas

and get used to higher and faster swings:)
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      .. or u could play both. ;) i don't think there's that big of a difference between the two formats.
    • tryhardnoob
      tryhardnoob
      Bronze
      people bitch to much about this transition. Just pretend ur playing FR and the three first guys are sitting out. :D
    • terpesheva
      terpesheva
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tryhardnoob
      people bitch to much about this transition. Just pretend ur playing FR and the three first guys are sitting out. :D
      Yeah. You just either have to play wider (hence weaker) ranges (which is the whole point of transition) or bleed blinds because you get 6 rounds instead of 9 for posting the blinds.
      :f_cry: